Chapter 2

Piper's POV

Percy's door was locked.

I found Victor outside the door also, biting his fingernails.
"He wont say anything." he fretted. "I can't hear anything."
I bit my lip. "This is like when Annabeth died."
He scowled. "I can't believe Annabeth yelled at him. She's getting really annoying."
"She's just unfamilar with showing her feelings." I fiddled my fingers. "And... You know Percy looks a lot like Theo."
"Still." He said. "It's wrong."
l sighed. "Does he have anything... Dangerous?"
He rubbed his face. "Sleeping pills. His sword. I know there are a few pain killers inside, and he has a large collection of daggers." he exhaled. "I'm hoping he just took a sleeping pill and went to sleep."
A cold chill ran up my spine. "He wouldn't-"
"No." he said shortly. "Percy knows better not to commit suicide. What would Annabeth become?"
I nodded. "Thank the gods."
He pushed back his hair. "We should leave him alone for now. Maybe tommorow."
I swallowed. "Annabeth... Will get better. Right?"
"She has to. Or Percy is going to lose his mind."

~

Percy's POV

I couldn't help but feel lost.

The sleeping pill didn't help. I had thought about taking more, but Annabeth would freak.

Would she?

Her harsh words made me crawl back into my hole. Crying silently, because l knew Victor was out there.

I couldn't let them hear me.

You have no right to cry. I reminded myself.

But how what could l do? I couldn't stop a bowl from overflowing without taking out the water. Clenching my teeth, l let my tears fall, fall down and pool on my desk and wet my pillow. I wished the painkillers could kill the pain in my heart. Numb it, freeze it, burn it- l just wished for it to go in any way. I cried silent pleas, to anyone that could hear me, wishing for someone to come but also wishing nobody would come. 

Help me. I cried silently. Help me.

Someone knocked on the door. It grew harder when l didn't answer. Finally, the person kicked the door down. I stood up.
"You should fix the door as you're going out."
Nico glared at me. "You were in your cabin. Sulking."
"It's been a while. And you know you kicked down a stone door."
"It was hard."
"Fix the door."
He scowled. "I know you want to be alone. But we need to talk."
I narrowed my eyes. "About?"
"Important stuff."
"Fix the door."
He scowled and snapped his fingers, fixing the door immediantly.
"You react a little differently from Annabeth." he offered. "She threw a book at me."
I winced. "The Illiad?"
He nodded.
"What is the talk about?"

"Tartarus."

The name made chills run up my spine. I tensed and clenched my teeth.
"What about him." I said through clenched teeth.
"He's conscious. And he can make dreams."
Pictures of the room, my dreams, and Tartarus's smile filled my head, not allowing me to think for a moment. I took a deep breath.
"Do you think he's attempting to attack camp?"
Nico shrugged. "I saw a army of monsters. And l heard his voice. He was talking that he only had one goal."
"Then he would be attacking camp." I said flatly.
"Not soon though. Atleast a month. The army was small. It would take some time for them to group." He said.
I sighed. "Don't say anything to Annabeth."
He stared into my eyes. His black eyes seemed to suck out my soul, reading all my emotions along with it.

"I met Theo."

I closed my eyes. "In the underworld?" l said, opening one eye.
Nico nodded. "I lead him to the judges. He went to elysium right away. There's Andrew- and a few soldiers. He'll be fine."
"What did he say?"
"He worried about Annabeth. And you. Also Jessica, but mostly you. He said he was sorry. And...." he fumbled with a paper. "He wrote a note."
I took the note, making sure my hands weren't shaking. I placed it on my desk carefully and glanced at Nico again.

"Where are you going to go?"

He shrugged.
"You can stay."
"You know better."
"Campers can welcome you."
"No. They can't. Who in there right mind would welcome a Son of Hades?"
l cracked a smile. "So l'm insane?"
"Kinda."
"Bianca missed you."
He bit his lip. "I said hi."
"Still."
He sighed. "l'll think about it."
He opened the newly made door and stepped outside. He paused for a moment.

"Are you okay?"

I stared at him, the wind blowing his messy black hair everywhere. He glimsped back, the first time l saw him look back. I forced a smile.

"I have to be, don't l?"

~

Nico's POV

I knew he had been crying.

I could tell- everyone could. Percy wasn't cold hearted enough to not grieve over his son's death. I felt a bit sad too. Theo wasn't a bad guy, not as troublesome as his dad, but was easy going enough. He was disgustingly loyal, and cared for family a lot, though not much as Percy.

I hated Annabeth.

Maybe it was because l still had feelings left for Percy. But it was mostly because of how she treated him. It was hardest for him. How did she not know? For a daughter of Athena, she knew so little.

She knew less than me about how to control her feelings.

I wondered if it was a diease. It felt like that to me- so abnormal. I knew Annabeth was a good person, but she became reckless when she was sad or angry. That was her only fault. I saw Jessica on the porch of the big house, sitting on the stairs. I went up to her.
"Why are you here?"
She looked down. "Just..."
l stood there in an awkward silence.
"Theo said he was sorry."
She sniffed. "He did?"
I nodded.
She stood up. "Can.... Can you send this to him?"
she held out a folded piece of paper.
I scowled. "I'm not a messenger."
"I know, but-" she bit her lip. "Please. Just once."
I sighed and took the small note.
"Thank you."
I examined it.
"Please don't read it." she said hurriedly.
I shrugged. "Okay."
She went off, and l snorted, unfolding the paper. I read the neatly written words and put it in my pocket.

I couldn't meet Theo anyway. I never did after he died.

It was just all to comfort Percy anyway.