Chapter 47

Victor's POV

This was going to be a big fight.

Wind whipped around the arena before the fight had even started. The son of Zeus- he was glaring at Percy, while Percy met his gaze calmly.

Their swords clashed- bronze to gold. Sparks flew from the golden sword, and they both took a step back. Chaos watched from above, emotionless but Luke looked over them worriedly like little boys left to play with knifes. I gripped the rails tightly.

"Will he be okay?"

I glanced at Annabeth.

"... The opponent is a son of Zeus, and he's a soldier."

"Are you telling me that-"

"He's going to be fine! Perfectly fine."

It sounded like I was trying to convince myself.

"I hope he doesn't give up."

"He would never give up on family." I glanced at her again. "If he give's up, he's giving up on you, me, and everybody else."

She smiled. "Yeah. Somebody has to win."

~

Percy's POV

I was getting tired.

The soldier was fast- almost faster than me. The few cuts he had managed to make burned painfully. I kept my eyes on him. He stabbed down, and he got stuck on the arena floor. As he stood up, I pinned him to the arena floor by his thigh. He let out a scream and the grip on my sword loosened, while I caught my breath for a second.

I had forgotten the soldier was faster than a second.

He pulled my sword out and threw it across the arena, and it skittered away to the corner. I ducked under his sword. He slashed at my head, and I fell to the ground, and his sword moved down. I barely dodged it, and it crushed my hand under the blade.

My right hand.

I teleported to my sword and gripped it with my right hand tightly. It hurt like hell, but using my right hand would be better. I blocked his blow and tried to analze his patterns. I started memorizing his moves, and started to read his shoulders, letting me know what he would do next. I spotted a weak spot and stabbed, but I paused as pain exploded in my stomach, and I looked down to see his sword through my stomach. He smiled sadistacally. I smirked and resumed my motion and stabbed him in the shoulder.

"You've got a long way to go loser."

I took a few steps back and grabbed his sword with my hands, which were on greek fire. They melted into red, hot drops on the floor. He had lost his sword.

"... Powers?"

"Deal."

I dropped my sword and he charged foward, his hands sparking with electricty. I lit my hands on greek fire, and a big explosion blew both of us back. I clenched my fists tightly and he coughed, and I saw that his hands were burned. Ducking under his fist, I punched his stomach, and he stumbled back. A cloud formed over me and a bolt of lightning struck the floor by me, singing the hairs on my arm. In that time, he punched me across the face, and I kicked his legs, and he stumbled on his bad leg. Rubbing my jaw, I summoned a ice sword, and he dissapeared. A tingling sensation ran up my whole body, and something felt a bit odd.

Pain.

A sword- my sword was sticking out of my chest, and he was right behind me. My heart beat irregularly, I could feel it. The electric shock left me breathless. A sharp pain in my chest throbbed, again and again, tightening into a numb ball. The soldier pulled my sword out and I almost wanted to give up and fall foward.

I knew I couldn't.

I turned around and grabbed the blade, and it made blood drip from my hands. I kicked his stomach and took the blade from him, and I had two swords, the ice and riptide.

He used the winds to elevate him up into the air.

"You should make some use of those wings!"

I gritted my teeth.

"Breathe in."

A blob of water formed around his head, and he let out a burst of bubbles from his mouth. Thrashing uselessly, he sank to the ground, unable to control the winds while drowning. I let the water drop, and he coughed out water and I stood still, catching my breath.
I felt dizzy after losing so much blood. My shirt was already soaked in blood, and my armor became useless. I was feeling breathless and the pain in my chest throbbed and pounded and reverbrated up to my head. He stood up, stumbling slightly. He was tiring. I took a step foward, but I stumbled and my knees buckled, and I was falling foward.

Huh?

Was the world supposed to look this way? I'm pretty sure there wasn't a curve over there. I saw the lopsided shape of a person and by brain was lethargic to interpret what was happening. I stood up, but I was much to late. He pushed me back, and my head hit the wall with a thud, and the world turned white for a moment.

I remebered.

He did the same.

He.

I pushed back the soldier forcefully and a blade formed in my hand, and it felt like it was freezing against the blood and my hand. All I knew and all I thought of was to kill.

Tartarus.

My anger fuled me. I was after him- I was nearly there.

My wing.

Both of them were gone.

All I could feel was pain, pain, pain.

All I had were two stubs on my back.

Among the pain, something red hot and burning with agony and pure anger. I knew I had lost my head completely, but mg anger soon ate up all my other thoughts and a blast of greek fire came from me, emitting my anger.

I was holding the soldier by the neck, smoldering and sparking, his skin burned from head to toe. I heard a crack as my grip tightened on his neck. He gasped for breath, and I dropped him. He twitched, smoldering on the ground.

He was dead.

But he was alive.

Alive and coming out of the dead soldier's mouth.

He was grinning sadastically, dressed in black. His sword hung from his waist.

He pointed it at me.

"Commander. You have some time? I would like to kill you."