Chapter 52

Percy's POV

I woke up underwater.

I wondered about sneaking out the window. I didn't really want to be here, but I stuck my hand out and it nearly froze and fell off. I pulled the kelp blankents around myself.
Atleast it was warm.

But I wasn't very sure. I felt like a pizza that had been left outside the door when it was 40 degrees under and thawed out by a crappy microwave.

I stood up and paced around slowly, trying to get warmer. My feet were clumsy, probably because they were too cold. I stared at my hand which was sparking inside the water- I didn't know how. I had lost my coat, which I was missing now. I thought about escaping out the window again. I sat back down on the bed. My head throbbed, and my chest hurt as if something was compressing it. My scars burned- probably because of the salt in the water. I looked down at my bare feet. I remebered my boots left on the sand.

Annabeth.

I stood up abruptly, not caring if my head rung like a gong.

I needed to go back. They would be worried. I glanced at the window and tried the door. It opened easily and I walked, my steps getting faster like last night. I didn't care about the merpeople staring at me as I half walked and ran barefoot along the hallway.

Posiedon.

I stopped abruptly. Quickly glancing at the servants, Amphitrite, and Triton, I knelt in fronr of my father.

"Percy. No need for formality." he furrowed his eyebrows as I got up stiffy. "Are you alright?"

"I'm fine." I said flatly.

"What happened to your face though?"

I remembered my brusied and slightly scarred face. I rubbed my jaw, feeling the way it throbbed.

"... The Chaos army."

"What happened?! I though you were Commander?"

I could see Triton looking a little miffed and Amphitrite trying not to look angry. Saying I was Commander was saying that Triton was inferior, compared to me. I remebered when he glanced at me like I was a cute puppy.

I wasn't sure how to feel.

"... The competiton. I really need to go to camp-"

"I heard there was a attack on camp."

"Yes. There was."

"How? Why?"

I felt awkward under his attention. Glancing at Triton and Aphritrite again, I took a small step back.

"It was just Tartarus. The camp's fine."

"Are you?"

I cursed inside my head. How did he not know that there was his servants and his family behind him?"

I took a irritated sigh. "Yes. I'm fine. I'll go back to camp."

"Wait. How did you get yourself in the water at night?"

This time, I cursed under my breath. What would I say now?