Chapter 87

Victor's POV

Percy looked like he was dying.

Well, he was, but he really looked like it. His eyes were suken and dark, and he often broke in the coughing fits. He had hunched over, and he was pale. His coughs seemed to rattle his whole body. His breathing also sounded like wheezing that echoed again and again in his chest.

Annabeth was getting better though. She had healed remarkably and was going on with normal life, though Percy stuck around not letting her do anything until he was this sick.

"You feel warm enough?"

He nodded.

"Should I get you lunch?"

He shook his head, coughing. I sighed.

"Should I get Annabeth?"

"..... No. It's fine. I don't want her to catch a cold."

I stared down at the dizzingly long names of the medicine I had given him.

"Take a few sleeping pills if you can't sleep."

I set the clipboard down and my gown off. Hanging it on a peg, I grabbed my coat and scarf and slipped into it and went out the door to walk into Annabeth. Her face was dark.

"I wanted to talk about it. You know..."

I scowled. "Alright."

I followed her to the big house and I found out the counselors were already in a heated arguement. Nico had stood up and was waving his arms in the air. Jason was doing the same. Clarissie had her knife out, and Luke was yelling over the yelling.

"SHUT UP!" Annabeth screamed.

They shut up.

Annabeth sat down and I did too next to her.

"So."

Everyone broke out into angry words,arguing with each other, the words brawling and wrestling with each other. As one word shot another down, another word threw it to the side. I shook my head.

"One person."

The angry counselors shuffled around and split into two groups. They mumbled and sent out one person each, Jason and Nico.

"It's the best for him!" Jason protested.

"What if he doesn't die!"

"That's an what if."

"Okay. Can you raise your hands? Who agrees?"

About 7 people raised their hands. Another 7.

I sighed and rubbed my face.

"Does anybody have anything to say?"

Everyone was silent now. I dropped my head in my hands.

"Maybe we should just stop everything... Maybe we should just go back to normal life and.... Wait."

The words hung in the air. It sunk down slowly, and dropped onto the counselors.