Chapter 60

It's chapter 60.

Gods... When will this story end???

Percy's POV

I was offically going crazy.

I couldn't sleep at all. I spent my days banging my head on the wall, trying to forget.

I wish it worked.

My hands shook. I had panic attacks, and I found myself looking for the painkillers when I had snapped out of it.

I didn't know if it was a good thing or not to throw away all the pills.

I rubbed my forehead and flopped on my bed. I knew I could never go to sleep. The pains got worse, and they wouldn't stop bothering me. I couldn't go out for days- I had locked the door tight. I took my medcine that Victor had prescribed for me, but I didn't seem to get better. My heart still fluttered irregularly and now I couldn't seem to walk without getting breathless and light-headed.

It was it. I was breaking down.

I took a shuddery breath, running my fingers through my hair. Maybe this wasn't right. Maybe I wasn't supposed to be- I shook my head.

No.

I stared at the door, which had been locked and unused for 3 days now. I rubbed my face and stood up and unlocked the door and took a few bold steps out. For a few seconds, I wanted to run back in my room, for no rational reason.

I walked, and my steps got faster as I went. He would be fine. He wouldn't be...
Dead.

I had never felt so scared of death before. I didn't want him to leave me alone, like everyone did a long time ago.

Nobody was in the room, and it was so silent that I got slightly panicky. The beeping machines somewhat helped me calm down. I sat next to his bed and grabbed his pale hand tight.

I hoped that he could hear me.

Please wake up.

Please.

"It's so hard." I whispered. "Can't you help me?" I sighed. "I know I can't ask you to help me with everything- but please." I stared at his face. "Can't you wake up?"

I needed a miracle.

But unfortunantly, the gods- nobody was there to grant me a miracle.

I stared at him in horror as the machines went crazy.

~

Screaming.

I heard a lot of screaming.

I think it was my voice.

They people pulled me away from him, and my vision blurred. I felt sick. He wouldn't be-

I tried to break out of their grasp, but there were too many people. I was dragged out of the room and I saw Reyna run in.

I stood up, but the door was already closed shut. I felt someone grab my arm. I pounded the door, but no one answered. My knees felt weak. They buckled and I collasped, tears running down my cheeks. Annabeth cupped my face and wiped my tears.