Chapter 50

Fifty!!

Yay!

This chapter was erased a few times...

And it's playing Lucky Strike.

*Throws phone on ground*

This is definately not lucky.

Don't tell me I have to write this again.

Percy's POV

Too bad you didn't die.

You were close- nearly there. I guess the blondie boy saved you.

Sometimes, I feel bad for you.

Yeah, but you're not dying.

When I woke, I stayed still, only with my eyes open. I had a mask over my nose and mouth, to help me breathe. I turned my head a little to see that it was snowing outside.

Camp.

My shoulders relaxed. No more papers. No patrols. No rebellions, and no speeches. Feeling a lot better, I sat up slowly. My whole body ached with the effort, but it felt nice to sit up.
"Percy!"

Lemons.

I hesitated for a moment as her arms wrapped around me. But for a second, I was shaken up, and just plain tired of everything, encluding living.

I wrapped my arms around her lightly and placed my head on her shoulder, smelling her blond curls.

~

"Victor went back to the planet to get things under control."

Annabeth peeled an apple next to me, but a lot of the fruit came off with the peel and her hands were in an odd position.

"Here."

I grabbed the apple and the knife, and started peeling it myself.

"You'll hurt your hands."

She stared at my bandaged hands as I peeled the apple. I finsihed peeling the apple and started cutting it into pieces.
"You should learn how to cut an apple correctly." I said.

"It won't matter. You can do it for me when we live together."

my fingers fumbled and the knife cut a slit in my fingers, causing it to bleed. Annabeth stood up and pressed a tissue to the small cut, and I felt a bit uncomfortable at how close we were.
"Uh..." I grabbed the tissue and pulled away.
She didn't say anything as she sat down. She stuck a fork in on of the pieces and offered it to me. I glanced at my hands which where pressing the tissue to my hand. She held it closer to my mouth and I took a careful bite. She smiled slightly and I ate the apple in one bite, and she laughed slightly. I raised my eyebrows.

"You look cute when your cheeks are full like that."

I snorted and she held another apple close to my mouth. Hesitating, I ate the piece in one bite again. She ruffled my hair and smiled. I stared pointedly at her but she didn't seem to mind. She sighed and held my hand.