Chapter 18

I want to put the sign on Leo...

Percy's POV

Victor didn't like the idea of leaving me alone.

But he agreed to just tell the camp that I was fine, and didn't want to be found. He promised he wouldn't tell anything. I was slightly dissapointed too. He was actually a good cook, and I had company.

I knew I couldn't live like this.

Victor had his own life. He was dating Reyna. I couldn't rely on him.

"Remeber to take this every night. Go to the hospital if you're sick- don't skip meals. Just.... Take care. Alright?"
I nodded, but he still seemed worried. He looked back once before leaving, and I went on down the street.

I needed to go back to camp sometime. Divorce. And then go on with life like this. Maybe visit camp sometimes. But for now.... I paused and stared into the dark alley.

I had to meet Tartarus.

~

I walked down the dark stone hall, tracing my memory down to the room.

Tartarus had told me exactly where to go.

If I wanted to die.

Monsters walked past me without giving me a second glance. I turned right and stepped into the white- or red room. Tartarus grinned, looking back at me.

"Don't blame me." the door slammed shut.

"You wanted this."

A knife flew right to me, imbedding itself in my chest, missing my heart by inches.

"You don't care how you die, as long as you die?"

I nodded slowly.

I was suddenly on the floor, and Tartarus put his boot on my chest.

"You should be worried. This will take a long time."

~

Thrashed. Crushed. Stabbed. Throttled. Burned.

But I still wasn't dying.

I wiped my mouth which was useless because my hand was also drenched in blood. The burn on my hands tingled as I touched it. Tartarus forced my head down and burned the stub of what was left of the wing.

I tried to deny it.

Tried to deny that this hurt- that this wasn't it.

But it felt right in a way. I wasn't sure. He pushed me to the wall and grabbed me by the neck. His grip got stronger and I couldn't breathe.

I didn't try to.

My body had it's own limit. I was nearly there. Nearly there.

If I couldn't kill myself, I would make someone.

"Huh. Look at you now." He let me go, and I slid down the wall.

"Take him."

My head shot up. He smirked.

"I'm not in the mood of killing you today."

Wasn't this what you wanted?

My hands shook.

I thought I was going to die here.

I was supposed to.

I grabbed at anything on the floor as two cyclops dragged me out. I grabbed a knife and raised it up to my head.

I would die, right?

I shoved the blade right through my head.

~

Annabeth's POV

"Percy's fine." Victor concluded. "And he doesn't want to be found."

Everyone was silent. I looked down.

I had to take this in someday.

It was my fault. No matter how hard I tried to deny it, I knew it was. I was thankful to hear that Percy was okay.
"We should stop sending out search parties." He said. "It was useless all this time anyway."
Nobody disagreed. I held up a shaky hand.

"Did he say anything about... Coming back?"

I almost wanted to say me. I knew it was selfish. But I wanted to know so badly.

"Oh. He'll come back, but it won't be soon. And he's not thinking of making up with you Annabeth."

His words made my body go rigid. If it's not making up....

"B- but we're married. It's.... It's not right to-"

"Get it through your head Annabeth. I tried to say this nicely."

"Percy wants to divorce. And he thinks that you want it too."

~

"It's okay Annabeth. Victor was just a little harsh." Hazel comforted.

I sniffed. "But it's true. How can he forgive me?"

"It's okay. Percy loves you."

"How can he after all of this!" I cried. I burrowed my head into my pillow.

"I think it's right. To divorce." I whispered. "I think I'm just being selfish."

"No! You two can make it up somehow!"
"I don't think I'll be able to see his face." I lifted my head a little. "I don't think I'll be able to talk with him."
"Annabeth-"
I sighed. "It's okay Hazel."
She grabbed both of my hands.

"It'll be okay. Everything should have a happy ending."

"Thanks."

She left my cabin, and I could almost imagine Percy's eyes, filled with remorse and digust.

He hated me now.

I had to give up.

Right?

I shook my head. Percy- he loved me even when I pushed him away. When he was Omega, and after Theo died.

I would do the same.

I wasn't giving up on him.

~

s

rry.... Kinda short. Not 1000 words.

T.T