Chapter 79

Percy's POV

The pain was still there, it had just eased.

The fresh stitches on my upper right abdomen felt odd. The pain that felt like a gripping vice seemed like it would never dissapear. I remembered how much it had hurt. Victor had told me it had been because of my rib, which had punctured my liver when it broke. My abdomen was so tender even my clothes brushing it hurt. In the clean, bleached hospital I didn't feel any better. I had too many things to think about.

Where was Victor?

I knew yesterday was an apology. I was just too angry with him. I wanted to apologize. I sat up and my head spun and my abdomen sent shots of pain up my spine. My chest felt like if it was being ripped apart. I rubbed my chest and looked around. The beds were seperated by curtains. I relaxed a little. I could escape. I quickly stood up, only stumbling a little and grabbed my coat. I slipped into it over the hospital clothes.

"Where do you think you're going?"

Victor glared at me.

"If you can move, you can eat. Let's go get breakfast."

~

I stared at my cheese omlet blankly.

Honestly, my stomach hurt too much to eat. But I couldn't remember the time when I had a proper meal. And the cheese looked really good. I knew I wouldn't be able to keep breakfast down in the end. Dinner maybe. Lunch, if I only ate a little. Breakfast? Don't even dream.

"You aren't going to eat?"

I opened the applesauce the hospital had given and drank it all.

"I ate."

He scowled. "You're getting too thin."

I stared at my wrists. They had gotten thinner. Only my muscles were left from constant exercise. My cheeks had hollowed out a bit more.

"I'm fine."

"You aren't." He scooped up the cheesy goodness. "Eat atleast a little."

Maybe a little. A spoonful.

But the spoonful led to another, and another till I had finished half of it. I was pretty sure it was my stomach that hurt now, not where the liver was. My stomach must of cramped up and shrunk after all the skipped meals. Victor had finished his omlet, and I was trying hard to keep it down. After yesterday, I didn't want to reguritate anything up my throat again. I pressed my temples, hoping it would help somewhat with the nausea.

Ha ha for you.

"Percy. Are you feeling all right?"

I sighed and rested my forehead on the table. "Yeah, I'm feeling wonderfully rainbow after surgery." I said sarcastically.

"Percy."

"Honestly? I feel like I'm going to throw up."

"... You have trouble eating breakfast."

"You just realized?"

"What about lunch or dinner?"