Chapter 51

Percy's POV

Victor was back.

Of course, the first thing he did was fuss over me. He scolded me till my ears fell off and finally fell into a silence.

Bustling around the room, he threw some random words at me at we talked about some mindless, little things. The conversations often ended with him scolding me. It went like:

"Why do you like blue?"

"My mom made blue food."

"Food coloring?"

"Yeah."

"Why not green? It's Posiedon's color."

"Just."

"Green food is good for your health. Eat some."

Just like that.

"I eat mint. Gum."

He scowled.

"What? It's green."

He paused. "Did you and Annabeth get along well?"
"... I guess."
He glanced back.

"... I don't see why you and Annabeth have to stay apart."

I froze.

"You were the one to keep us apart."

"No- I was just- I was just thinking..." he stumbled over his own words. "You know, being with loved ones help depression, sucide, and might just help with-"

"What gave you the though I wad suicidal?"

He froze into place, and I noticed something was wrong. I frowned. Nobody knew. I knew had told anyone.

Nobody was supposed to know.

My heart beat fast, but my movements were slow and contolled.

He couldn't be.

He couldn't.

I leaned in close, analyzing his face. His posture somewhat was cowering from me.

"Surely not."

He squared his shoulders.

"You know what- just stop being a whining little kid and get to the point."

"You've gotta live. Be thankful to Taratrus keeping you alive."

I swore my heart just stopped.

"You-"

He grabbed my shoulders.

"Please- please please please Percy. You know I can't live without you. You can't just..... die."

His sad eyes almost made me say yes.

I brushed off his hands. "If you care for me, you should know what's best. I'm tired of everything- loving, fighting, caring- I'm just done with it." I glared at him.

"You can't stop me."

"Don't you feel atleast a little bit of happiness?"

I felt rigid.

"It's the same." I whispered. "It's the same."

"Percy- can't you atleast try?"

I turned my head, my thoughts running free. Something cold and dark fell deep down in my stomach.

"Does anybody else know?"

Victor's eyes were full of anger, swirling and clashing with mixed emotions.

"Only I know." he said flatly.
I took a dee breath. Only Annabeth. If Annabeth didn't know.

"... Victor."

He raised an eyebrow.

"... Don't tell anyone." I sighed. "I know this is cowardly- and I know it's selfish. But really, living forever is torture. It means..."

Being under Tartarus for my whole life.

I shook my head.

"I won't ask you to help me. But please.... Just don't interfere."

He scowled.

"Don't interfer?" he hissed. "Are you crazy? So you're just telling me to watch you die?"

"Victor-"

He threw his hands up in the air.

"I don't know. And you- you are a selfish, cowardly little brat that doesn't know anything!"

He stormed out the room and I sighed again.

What would I do know?

Crouching on the ground, getting it through my head that Victor knew. He knew.

He was right.

I was just a stupid, cowardly, selfish brat.

But the idea of death didn't look so bad even when it was what that made me this.

I looked out onto the hills. It looked beautiful- even in the winter night. I grabbed my coat and slipped into my boots without any socks on. I walked, and then my steps broke into a run, and I was breathless by the time I reached the beach.

"Help."

My voice was so feeble and weak even I could barely hear it.

"Help me!" I screamed at the sea. "HELP ME!!"

I fell onto the white sand, glittering beautifully in the moon light. The waves were so calm and peaceful, lapping against the glittering white of the sand. I felt like my tears were freezing- the sand was freezing- my coat was freezing. Stared around the wintery camp and pulled off my boots.

I didn't want to be here right now.

I stepped into the freezing water, but I didn't come out. Taking a deep breath, I walked foward, deeper into the water.

I was completely immersed.

And someone shut the light off.

im sorry 717 words...