Chapter 34

Victor's POV

"I'm sorry."

Percy didn't say anything as he dried his face with a towel.
"Percy, you don't have to be angry."
He slapped the towel on the table, making me flinch.
"I can figure out my own problems."
"I'm not-"
"I'm tired, I have a headache, and I'm going to sleep." he declared.
I didn't say anything as he flopped on the bed. I carefully pulled the blankets over him but he turned away, not allowing me. Not saying anything, I went out of his room.

Beckendorf.

"What." I scowled.
"I just wanted to say sorry to him."
"He's sleeping."
"Already?"
"He stayed up last night."
He nodded slowly and I brushed right past him.

We didn't figure it out, and of course we didn't make up with each other.

I went out of the mess hall as soon as Chaos started talking. I didn't know what happened then, but my head was full of the look on Percy's face.

I had upset him.

I was just being a burden to him- but I just wanted to help.

I guess it just didn't work out.

I went to my dorm and stared at the bruise on my cheek and jaw. I had to IM Reyna.... I shook my head.

Tommorow.

I rubbed them and stared at the few papers on my desk. Flipping through a few, I looked through everything.

How would Percy feel right now?

He would of already been stressed out about everything. The talk about Annabeth upset him, and Beckendorf and I fought only to cause more trouble. Would he be asleep by now? I doubted it. He had trouble sleeping lately. Just maybe....

I would wait.

I sat down on the chair, placing my feet on the desk. Looking at the clock, thinking, and just sorting out everything in my head.

It didn't make time go faster.

I closed my eyes and leaned back. I didn't know why I was a doctor. I didn't enjoy looking at sick people. Maybe it was because I had a flair for herbs. For cleaning up. Just because I wasn't queasy when I saw cut off limbs and skin burned to the bone. I wasn't sure.

Just because I was a son of Apollo?

We all got divided by our parents. Aphrodite kids were thought of as giggly, pink, airheaded girls. Ares kids were thought of as violent kids, and Hecate kids as mysterious.

Apollo kids were thought of as bright, kind, and just smiling kids that were doctors and archers.

Frank was different. He used a bow even though he was a son of Ares. He wasn't violent at all- he was quite nice. Piper was too. I sighed.

I still didn't know why I was a doctor though.

What would I do when I retire?

I sighed. I wanted to retire a year ago. I was supposed to. But that was when Percy was gone. I rubbed my face and looked at the clock.