Chapter 27

Annabeth's POV

I felt like I was in the middle of a bunch of mines.

I couldn't sit, or take on step. I could strech. I had to be stuck in the same uncomfortable position forever. One little finger could send me toppling and make me go boom.

That didn't sound very fun.

I stole glimspes of Percy, while Victor slept in the middle. It was kind of odd, how he slept. He didn't make a sound, or show any sign he was sleeping. He looked like if he had just closed his eyes. Percy- he twitched, mumbled, and drooled. Sometimes kicked. I moved my gaze to Percy again. I didn't like the scar on his neck. It made him look somewhat older. The pure white streak stood out on his pitch black hair. His eyes were half closed as he was clenching his fist tight. Suddenly, his eyes focused and glared at me. Suprised, I turned around, my cheeks burning. I saw him scowl in the corner of my eye and go back to his unfocused state again. I couldn't help but stare again.

Gods he was handsome.

I blinked and stared at him.

I couldn't tear my eyes off of him. Somewhat in a trance, I watched him relax in some way and close his eyes half way. I sighed and leaned back, etching his face into my head.

~

"Will you be okay on the plane?"

Percy glanced down at me slightly. "Of course."
"I'll-"
He walked right past me, leaving me behind. Victor didn't even glance at me. I went along behind Victor and watched him talk to Percy. Percy nodded off his words and Victor scowled at him.
When we got on the plane, I sat next to Percy. He stood up immediately and moved his seat next to Victor. Hazel sat beside me. She smiled slightly at me, and I knew she understood how I was feeling.
I sighed.

Only if Percy knew.

~

Percy's POV

I wasn't feeling very good.

Maybe I was just carsick. I wasn't sure. When I got on the plane, it just got worse. I closed my eyes and looked down, crossing my arms in front of me.
"Are you okay?"
I shrugged.
Victor set a glass of water in front of me.
"Tell me if you aren't."
I sipped water slowly and glanced at Annabeth. Hazel was sleeping beside her and she looked a little down. Her hair was down, slightly hiding her owl earrings. She sighed and leaned back, closing her eyes.

I wanted to see them a bit longer.

I turned away and caught Victor glaring at me. I scowled. Suddenly, the airplane lurched and my heart lurched along with it, bringing back memories. The world spun and the edges looked a bit white. I blinked hard, but it didn't go away. I gripped the armrests tightly so that my knuckles turned white. Victor's hand slid over mine.

Calm down.

I took a deep breath and tried to calm my racing heart. He tapped slowly and clearly on my hand, the only thing I knew in morse code.

Calm down.

"Idiot." he mumbled under his breath, taking his hand off. I took another shuddery breath, slowly. E