Chapter 16

Thaila's POV

He was awake the next day.

He woke up before me like nothing happened, dressed, and got ready to go.
In barely five minutes.

He limped outside the camp and I grabbed his wrist.
"You're.... Going?"
He nodded.
"Eat breakfast!"
He shook his head.
"But..."
He turned around, walking out of camp. I grabbed his arm again and pulled him to the table. I pushed him down forcefully.

"Eat."

He stared down at all the food without enthusiasm. He didn't look like the sarcastic, annoying, food loving kid anymore.
He looked literarly broken. He sat there only to make me happy. The world went on without him happily well as it did with him. Feeling angry, I cut through a waffle forcefully and shoved it in his mouth. He stared at me, shocked and I moved his jaws, forcing him to chew. He chewed by himself and swallowed, and I ruffled his hair, smiling. He smiled a little and I passed the waffle to him. He ate it all to my relief, but after he ate one, he went to the tent right away.

I ate a few pancakes and glanced at my tent. I sighed and shook my head. I went to Artemis's tent. I stepped carefully into the lush carpet and she looked down at me and smiled slightly.
"Lady Artemis." I bowed down.
"Thaila." she nodded.
I wrung my hands. "Could you get a tent for Percy? Atleast just a small one. So that he can carry it around or so...."
She looked down at her dagger. "Is he planning to stay?"
I shook my head. "He tried to leave this morning. I told him to eat breakfast..."
She placed her dagger down.

"You can let him stay for as long as you want. I...." she tilted her head and a smile, a queer smile crossed her face. "It is quite odd, how he is not dead yet.
"What do you mean?"

"He should of died the night before. He had gotten many blows by the manticore, and it has poison. Even my magic couldn't heal him. And... I can feel it. His pain. It's obvious, after he's been mangled like a dog." her face darkened. "I am very curious about him. And well...." she glanced at me with her silvery eyes.

"Don't tell me you didn't guess he tried suicide."

~

Percy's POV

I knew I shouldn't of ate that.

I wasn't hungry. And I knew it. When I wasn't hungry, my stomach rejected to digest anything.

Nausea.

I flushed the toliet and hobbled to the sink. I knew it was okay to eat. The doctor did say there were chances of it getting torn again but- I shook my head. I washed out my mouth and went out of the bathroom. I flopped on the bed, tired.

Maybe I would just rest for today.

Rest sounded good. Rest.

Dizzy.

The stomachache got worse as time passed. I was in this half awake half asleep state. Was I cold? I think I was hot. I wasn't sure. Someone put a blanket over me and I pulled it closer.

Stomach hurts.

I really just couldn't stand it. I crawled out of bed and hobbled to my bag. I took a few pain meds and the ones they gave me at the hospital. I just ate one big sleeping pill and crawled back, hoping to slip into a peaceful darkness soon.

~

Thaila's POV

Percy was restless.

He looked worse. His face was pale and pasty, and he was curled up in a ball. He was burning up. I wanted to let him move to another tent, but I didn't think I could move him. I went into the cabin to check on him once more and was suprised to see him sleeping. Huh. Maybe it got better. After lunch, he had woken up. His hair was completely plastered to his face by sweat. But he still insisted of going. His eyes were literally clouded in pain, and I could see it clouding his brain. He walked right past me- limped right past me. He acted as if he didn't belong here. Like he was a tresspasser. I grabbed his arm and dragged him to his new tent.

"You can't go yet." I said forcefully. "Just rest." I crossed my arms and stared at him, standing in the tent. He looked down.

"Come on. What would Annabeth say?"

He didn't move.

"Please don't run away. You can go back to camp. Make up with Annabeth and just live a happy life like that. You don't have to hide." I grabbed his hands.
"Haven't you ever thought about it? That you deserve a happy ending?"

He shook his head and his hands slipped out of mine.

"Percy, please stay. We all miss you. And it really, really hurts to see you this way."

"I don't care if you don't go to camp now. I just want to make sure you'll be okay."

He shook his head again, and I knew what he meant.

I will never, ever ever be okay again.

Cope with it.

~

Becky came again when he was asleep.

She seemed a bit flustered though. She wasn't sure why he was so sick. I didn't expect her to know. She was only about 20 in real life anyway.
"I gave him a few medicines that will bring his fever down. I'm not sure about the other symptoms...." she looked up at me with her blue eyes. "Maybe we should just go to the hospital...."
I shook my head.

"Percy is like this super strong monster magnet. If we put him in a hospital, the hospital can explode, get burned down, or any of that such."

She nodded. "But.... I... This might be connected to bigger problems."

I patted her shoulder. "Don't worry. I'll figure it out." she went out of the tent and I glanced at him.

Huh.

I went out of the camp and breathed in the clean, cold air. I walked over to a wolf, who was growling at the forest. I knelt down and patted it, trying to calm it down. I glanced into the forest and saw a pair of eyes.

A dark, ashy figure came out of the forest and I blacked out, my breath stopping for a moment.