Chapter 15

Percy's POV

I needed to warn them.

I ran through branches and snow, trying to get away from the monster. I grasped the big, ripped wound on my arm trying to stop the bleeding. I stopped and the snow under me started to turn red. I made a small rainbow and tossed a drachma in, and the IM shimmered and showed Thaila. She glanced at me and narrowed her eyes.
"I thought you had no favors to ask me now."
I made frantic motions with my hands and she furrowed her eyebrows.
"What?"
The world dangerously tilted to the side. More frantic motions ensued.

Pain.

I looked down to see a spike protruding out of my chest. I heard Thaila yelling and the monster grabbed my throat with it's spiky tail and I fell into a blissfull darkness.

~

Thaila's POV

He had to be there.

I reconized the place- it was where we heard the manticore. I ran faster as the whole hunt followed me, eager to catch the manticore. I stopped abruptly.

Blood.

I looked foward to see more blood, and I saw the manticore with it's tail around Percy's chest. Blood dripped from a wound from his chest and arm. His face was pale and he wasn't moving. The manticore grinned as aimed our bows.

"If you shoot, this boy will-"

Of course, everyone shot except for me. I was horrified when I saw a few arrows hit Percy. One hunter killed the manticore eaisly and I rushed to Percy.
"Percy. Percy. Can you hear me?"
I shook him lightly. I felt his pulse and was reliefed to feel it. It was weak though.
"Becky. Help me out a bit."
The daughter of Apollo came a bit closer but hesitated.
"But-"
"I know he's a boy."
She stared at me.
"Just do it."
She knelt down beside him and paused before prodding him. Anger took over me and I kicked her into the snow.
"What are you doing! He's dying and you can't even help him!"

"Thaila."

Artemis looked down on us and at Percy, who was now shivering hard.
"Where did you find... It."
"He's not an it!"
She sighed and knelt beside him and touched his chest. Nothing magical happened. His body was still tense, pale, and cold. His throat was still bleeding profusely. She stood up.
"I cannot do anything. He will die soon."
"He won't!" I sobbed. "He's not dying."
Percy sat up slowly. He blinked twice and scanned his surroundings. I hugged him tight, hoping he wasn't as cold as he was.
"Percy Jackson....." Artemis mused.
He bowed his head to the goddess and stood up. Blood still poured out of his wounds. His bandaged hand gripped his dagger tight.
"Percy." I grabbed his arm. "You can stay at our camp for a while. You can't-"
He shook his head and slipped his arm out of my grasp. Artemis looked puzzled.
"You cannot speak."
It felt like all the blood was draining down to my feet. He nodded slowly. Thats why....
"How?"
Artemis conjured up a notebook and pen. He took it thankfully and wrote a word in his messy handwriting.

Temporarily.

I looked up at his face. "You're temporarily mute?"
He nodded. I looked down at his hand.
"Did you loose the hand that Leo gave you?"
He nodded.
"Percy, you can't go off like this."
I'm fine.
"You're going to die!"
I can't anyway.
I froze. "W-what do you mean?"
He handed the notebook and pen back to Artemis and bowed his head once more. His form started shimmering into mist and I grabbed him by the arm. He glanced at me slightly.
"