Chapter 77

Percy's POV

I flopped on the bed, exhausted.

I flipped the drachma in my hand and sat up. I barely made a rainbow. Now it was hard just making a rainbow. I tossed the drachma into the rainbow and Annabeth shimmered into the screen. I smiled at her. She was reading a book, completely immersed in it. I watched her read, flipping the page.

"Wise girl."

She flinched and looked up at the IM and smiled.

"Seaweed Brain." she laughed. "You scared me!"

I smirked. "What are you reading?"

"None of your business. Why did you go to Chaos planet anyway?"

"To help Chaos and keep things organized."

She nodded, frowning. "You should be tired. Go to sleep."

I smiled tiredly. "Good night."

She smiled back. "You too."

I cut through the connection and ran my fingers through my hair. My hair was still wet, so it spiked up. I sighed and laid down again on the bed.

I was exhausted, but the tiny fear of nightmares stayed in the back of my head. Eventually, I fell asleep, still thinking of Tartarus.

~

I woke up because of the cold.

My teeth chattered. I searched for my blanket and regretted it when moving my limbs sent a jolt of pain to my chest. I clenched my chest, gritting my teeth. I glanced up to see that it was 3 am. I half rolled and half fell of the bed. I stood up with shaky legs. I took a few steps and stumbled, grabbing for anything in the dark. Something fell on my foot. I scowled and went on to the bathroom. I turned on the lights, squinting. Rummaging for some pain medication, I spotted an ugly patch of blood on my shirt. I rolled it up to see that a wound had reopened. I touched it only to flinch. I poured nectar on the wound but it didn't heal quickly. I took a few pills with a swig of nectar. I turned off the lights again and laid back down, but it wasn't easy to sleep again. I sighed and turned in my bed. I wanted to IM Annabeth again, but I knew she would be sleeping. I sat up, fingering the drachma. The arena wouldn't be open right now. I sighed.

I didn't want to be alone tonight.

I dressed quickly and grabbed my coat, ready to go out into the never sleeping city.

~

I could feel the stares.

People knew my face. And I knew that not many people had sea green eyes. I walked around aimlessly, just enjoying the bright lights.

I wasn't alone.

The people here didn't seem to know night. Everyone was dead anyway.

Someone tapped me on the shoulder. I turned around to see a young girl, about 20 so. She had short curly brown hair and blue eyes. She giggled and handed me a paper. Puzzled, I unfolded it to see a number.

Call me.

I looked up to see her with her friends, squealing. She glanced up at me and I smiled slightly and she looked away, squealing again. I put the paper away in my pocket. I rubbed the back of my neck. I looked up at the sky. It was snowing. I sighed.

I wanted to see Annabeth.

I saw a mob of people. I went over to see that there was a band playing music. They were really good. Somehow, I was pushed to the front. I clapped along with the crowd and looked back, trying to push my way out. I bumped into a couple. I muttered a sorry and pushed my out. I was tired now, and I was pretty sure I could go to sleep now. I bumped into someone.

"Hey! Watch where you're going!"

I stared down at the man. He had a bunch behind him.

"I'm sorry."

He scowled. "Do you even know who we are?" He pushed close. "Boy, you better watch your step."

I sighed. I really just wanted to go now.

"What did you just do? Sigh?"

I didn't want to face a bunch of gangsters.

I walked right past them, but he grabbed my arm. He was suprisingly strong.

"Don't you see? This coat got dirty. Pay for it."

I couldn't hurt them... I sighed again and turned around, summoning a stack of money.

"Here. Is that enough?"

One of his goon's cigarettes fell out of his mouth.

"Boss-"

The man's eyes glinted.

"Not enough pretty boy."

"This is enough to buy a decent house."

He punched me across the face and his goons joined. I gritted my teeth.

Gods, I hated this.

I used the fluids in their body to control them. The floated in the air for a second. I barely held them in place as they struggled on their knees. The boss banged his head on the snowy sidewalk. I blinkes twice, dizzy. I took the money and walked away quickly. I stopped and sighed. My chest hurt. I was feeling a bit lightheaded. I trudged on in the snow.
I waited at the bus stop, but the bus didn't come. I realized it was too late for the bus. I shivered in the cold. I searched for a taxi on the frozen road. Nothing. I sighed.

Now I felt utterly alone.

I felt the bruise that had formed where he had punched me. I sat down on a bench.

Cold.

I felt my pulse. I counted calmly. Too slow. I felt it again to feel that it was irregular. I sighed and leaned back. It was snowing more. I brushed the snow off my hair and shoulders.

Suddenly, the snow stopped over me. I looked back to see Victor. He glared down at me with his blue eyes. He had another umbrella in his hand. He unwrapped his scarf and wrapped it around my neck as I stood up. He handed me the umbrella without a word.

"Victor-"

He glanced at me, which shut me up. He placed a hand on my shoulder and we both dissapeared into a bright light.

Barely nothing.... T.T I'm sorry.