Chapter 19

IM GONNA SKIP TIME GUYS AM SO SORRY CANNOT THINK.

THIS MACHINE HAS NO BRAIN USE YOUR OWN.

give me ideas guys....

Plz.

~

Annabeth's POV

A year.

I couldn't believe it. A year had passed.

Without Percy.

People seemed to get used to it. They went on with life, knowing they couldn't do anything about it.

But I couldn't forget him.

I could imagine him- imagine him in pain, crying, hating me. Trying to. I saw him in my dreams- before I fell asleep, all around camp. Everything was associated with him.

But somehow, I managed to cope with it.
I knew I had to keep living on. How would I say sorry if I was dead? We all lived normal lives.

Without Percy of course.

I hated it, the feeling of not having him by my side. Hated the empty spot in my heart. Hated everything that reminded me of him.

But it was addicting.

His eyes- I remembered his eyes clearly. That night, he looked at me with such warm eyes. That cursed night. When I looked at the sea, it reminded of him while comforting me in a way. When I tried not to look at the sea, the thoughts of Percy pressed me down, squishing me to a grease spot on the ground.

Tartarus.

Yes. He had gotten stronger. I could tell by the dreams. More monsters. The tree was still weak. A few monsters had sneaked in the borders and now many campers were harmed by the chimera.

I stood up.

"Percy?" I looked into the blue of his eyes. "You know what to do, right? You can steal his sword, can't you?" I sighed and dug my foot into the sand. "I wish I was as brave as you." I bit my lip.

"I'm sorry. And I love you."

~

"Annabeth? Nothing about Tartarus's forts?"

I shook my head. "The only one we managed to track down was abandoned."
Frank shook his head. "Nothing at the roman camp either."
Jason looked up. "Are you going to the roman camp later this day?"
He nodded. "With Reyna."
"Then reinforce the borders. The hunters found a trace of a harpy."
He nodded. "What color?"
"Black."
"I never have seen a black harpy in my life."
Thaila shrugged. "It was too big to be a bird's."
I clenched my fists under the table. I knew it was selfish. Stupid.

"Can it be Percy?"

Will sighed. "Annabeth-"
"I thought we were over this." Nico snarled.
"Nico." Bianca warned.
Luke sighed. "Even if it was, what would we do?"
"It still can be a harpy." Zoe added. "We need to be careful."
Clarissie stood up. "Thanks princess. For shaking the whole council up."
She left the room, and Nico followed after shooting me a glare. Bianca followed. Soon, the only ones left were the seven.

Six of the seven.

I looked down. "I'm sorry. I was just hoping-"
"It's okay Annabeth." Hazel said. "We're all hoping anyway."
Leo forced a smile, which didn't look like him. "Percy will come back someday."
Jason nodded carefully. "It's been a year."
"And he's still not here." I said flatly.
Piper patted me on the shoulder.
"It's okay. I know him. He'd die without you."

"Thats what I'm worried about."

The six of us were silent for a moment.
"Annabeth-" Frank said testily.
"I know." I threw my hands up in the air. "Actually, I don't know. I don't know anything." I spat and walked out of the room like everyone else did before.

~

Leo's POV

I didn't like Percy.

Yeah, he saved the world, killed a gazillion monsters, sacrificed himself for us and blah blah blah- but the way he left Annabeth.

It reminded me of Calypso.

I was touched and got over it a little when I heard that he was the one to bring Calyspo to camp. But we weren't exactly friends, just kind of like... an ally.
Nothing more.

I knew he was genuine. He was nice, apologized to Calyspo. It was mostly the gods fault anyway for forgetting about her.

But still.

He had everything. He had his parents, power, a girlfriend, friends, a home, and blue chocolate chip cookies. Posiedon really cared for him, and sometimes I wished he was my father instead of Hephastus.

But always, those thoughts creeped in when I had heard what he had been through.

Everything had a price.

Monsters were attracted to his power. He always worried about his parents. His friends died. He had to lay down his life to protect camp. Chocolate chip cookies..... I wasn't sure about that.

And a girlfriend.

I shook my hair which had caught on fire by all the thinking. I wasn't a thinker. I just did everything with my hands. Maybe thats how I smiled over the death of my mother. Annabeth was a thinker. I couldn't make out what she was thinking but I was pretty sure it wasn't good. Atleast I had something to take my mind off with. I could build. Jason could spar. Piper could shop- Frank could pratice archery. Hazel could try adventuring in her tunnels, and Percy could also spar. Annabeth? Reading involved thinking. Making blueprints. She couldn't do anything to rest her mind, to just not think about anything and lose her mind.

I thought I was losing it. I was thinking to much.

My thoughts wandered back to the thing I was making. I peered at it closely and turned it around in my hand. It was like some type of cube with a mash of sudoku. I flipped the thing a few times and stared at it.

Hmmm.....

I smiled and stood up, pushing back my chair.

Something to take her mind off of things.
~

Nothing much in this chapter. Me is sorry. Over 900 words. Percy will appear sometime. Someday. Somewhere.