Chapter 66

Percy's POV

"I'll be fine in a few days." Victor said cooly. "Nothing serious." he glanced at me. "Come on, how many holes went through your body this whole month?"

I nodded slowly.

He narrowed his eyes. "Don't you have to go now?"

I shook my head. "I'll stay a bit more."

"You should be resting."

"I'm fine."

"Yeah. I could see that. You're totally white Percy and sweating buckets. Really, you look sick."

I fiddled with the edge of my bandage.
"But I barely sneaked out."

"You shouldn't sneak out." he chided. "Go."

I scowled but stood up and I opened the door to see Will.

"Percy."

"... Will."

He sighed. "I'll let you meet Victor- just don't sneak out. Okay?"

"Will, you just have to grab his ear and drag him out." Victor said.

"Sorry." I mumbled.

He smiled at me. "Go back."

It was weird, seeing all smiles and sunshine after sneaking out. Victor would of grabbed my ear and dragged me out. I stopped in the middle of the hallway.

I didn't know how to deal with Jason.

It was a mistake- I knew it. But he should of been careful.

It was my fault anyway...

I resumed walking. I clenched my fists, which were clammy now. My chest felt like it was filled with metal- the pressure was bringing me down. I sat down on the bed and saw the sandwitch Will had left for me. I wasn't sure if I should eat it or not. I had a feeling it wouldn't stay in my stomach for long, but I knew Will wasn't Victor. He was sincere, and it wasn't nice to turn down someone being nice. I chewed the sandwitch and saw a block of ambrosia in the little plastic container. He had also left my medcine on the dresser. I was Eating slowly, trying to ignore my stomach who was whining against the food, trying to squeeze it out. Bile rose up in my throat and I set the sandwitch down. I took a few deep breaths, trying to get enough oxygen.

It didn't seem to work that well.

Soon, I got dizzy, and I finally gave up to my stomach. I laid still, hoping that I could catch my breath. It seemed to get worse- so I just sat up again. I hunched over, wrapping my arms around myself. Deep, throbbing pains in my chest wouldn't let me sit up.

"Percy? Percy!"

I could see Will's worried blue eyes when he crouched down.
"Can you sit up?"
I shook my head. It felt like someone was pushing a hot iron rod through my chest, straight through my chest.
"Take a deep breath."
I took one shuddery, gasping breath. I suddenly couldn't see his eyes and I felt panicky for a moment. He pushed on a oxygen mask onto me, and my lungs sighed in relief. I coughed a few times, gasping for breath in between.

"It'll be by your side. You can use it whenever." Will said calmly.

I nodded, coughing. He sat up from his crouch and injected something into my bicep.

"Go to sleep now. I don't want you sneaking out again."

I nodded, somewhat numb at the sudden dangerous situation. Will was very calm though.

....

"What would you do if I died?"

He paused.

"Well, we would burn your shroud. Bury your ashes. Mourn? It won't be long." he set the clipboard aside. "The campers will be forced to be snapped out of their sorrow."

Did he sound sarcastic?

He smiled, and it was definately not Will's smile. His eyes were pitch black.

Victor.

I wished I hadn't asked him that.

He smiled widely, and excruciating pain coursed through my body. I choked on air as I toppled over the bed.

"Think you idiot." Tartarus hissed. "How many people will grieve over your death? How many people you will leave hurt?"

"You need to betray them."

I stumbled back on my arms. He pushed closer.

"Come to my side. All you have to destroy this camp. And finally- you can die."

"-What- what is this?"

He frowned. "Oh... You caught on it to quickly. No or yes?"

"No! I am loyal to camp!"

"Exactly. Now you are a prisoner." he explained.

"Percy-"

Will stepped into the room and froze when he saw Tartarus. He looked at me with terror in his eyes.

"Will. Get out of here. Don't get anyone in here." I said in a low voice.

"Yes." Tartarus agreed. "You go in the way in kidnapping him."

"Get. Out."

Will looked absolutely torn. I gritted my teeth.

"I SAID OUT."

He scrambled out, and I turned back to Tartarus.

"Take me." I spat. "Then you have no reason to attack the camp."

He shook his head, tutting. "No. I must destroy what is most precious to you."

I raised an eyebrow. "Is that on your bucket list?"

"Yeah! I think the next is tearing you apart."

He smirked. "Don't worry. It will take some time to torture you."

"Only three days." he smiled. "What do you think I will be able to do to you?"

856 words. Hmmmmm....