Chapter 63

Percy's POV

It was nice seeing camp.

The bare strawberry fields were much better than the city I saw through the window. Annabeth was close to me, and I was glad she was.

I'm the only one on your side.

I shook my head. Dreams were just dreams.

"Percy!"

Hazel hugged me tight, her frizzy brown hair flying behind her. I laughed and hugged her back tightly.

"I missed you, but I'm not going to hug you."

"How was it at the planet?"

"Are you okay?"

"Can I stop sitting at the head of the table?"

"Whoah. One question at a time guys." I laughed. I paused.

"I'm fine."

My tone warned everybody not to talk about it. I winced inside my head. I didn't mean it like that.

"I think you'll be sitting at the head of the table again Jason." Victor said cooly. "He had enough of the leading and talking."

I nudged him. He scowled, and there was a still silence.

"I'll go unpack."

The silence seemed interminable. I swallowed hard. Maybe I was wrong to speak like that.

"Come on, lets go eat dinner. We can't stand here forever." Leo said, breaking the silence. "Maybe Chiron will let us sit together to talk."

I didn't really feel like dinner.

"I'm not really feeling like having dinner guys."

"What?"

"I ate something on the way here." I lied hastily. "And I need to unpack."

"But..." Frank sighed. "Alright."

"We can talk in my cabin after dinner." I smiled.

Carrying my bags, I went down to the Posiedon cabin. I opened my bag and took out a few shirts. I sighed and shoved it in the drawers.

I didn't know.

Maybe I should've just said I would eat dinner with them. But I felt like I would be sick at the smell of food. I rubbed my face and flopped in my bed.

I wasn't fine.

I wondered what I could of said. I wondered if it would have been better to ignore her question completely as if I didn't hear it. I curled up in a ball and closed my eyes.

A hand was on my forehead. My eyes opened abruptly to see Victor, hsi eyes glinting with worry.

"Are you okay? I don't think-"

I sighed. "Can you stay here?"

"Yeah, but-"