Chapter 23

Percy's POV

Don't blame me.

I tried to stop.

I didn't know. Maybe it was the desireable feeling of having no pain.

No pain at all.

I swallowed it calmly. I couldn't stop.

I wouldn't die anyway.

I walked around in my cabin, anxious. I hoped that Annabeth would just give up. It would just get harder to push her away. I shook my head.

I didn't love her.

I didn't.

I couldn't.

Maybe I should of never have came to camp. Maybe I should of tried to kill Tartarus on my own. Maybe I should of just let Kellie kill Annabeth- maybe that was all right. I cracked open a bottle of pills and poured them into my hand.

I don't know.

I scratched my hair and threw it to the side and rummaged again.

Only one.

I only needed to go to sleep anyway. I swallowed one and flopped down on my bed. I closed my eyes.

Maybe-

I let out a short sound of frustration at my brain and sighed.

Whatever.

~

Annabeth's POV

I didn't want to wake up.

I didn't want to see Percy's face either.

I remembered the day before clearly, the way he had looked at me.

Divorce.

It was scary. The feeling of being left alone with no one to love and no one to love you. I really loved Percy- and maybe that was why I was thinking about actually just doing it. I sighed.

No.

I dressed and went out to eat breakfast. I scanned the pavillion for Percy and was slightly dissapointed in not seeing him. I was barely looking at my plate.

But he never came.

I reculently went back to my cabin. What would I do? What would I say? What did I have to do? I closed my eye tight. I wasn't sure. In fact, I didn't know.
"Annabeth?"

I looked up to see Piper. She sat down next to my chair.
"Have you talked to Percy?"
I went limp. "Yes."
She grabbed my hands. "What did he say?"
I looked down, biting in tears.
"Hey. Whats wrong?"

"He- he told me he wanted to divorce. He said he didn't love me anymore."

Piper wiped my eyes. "Don't worry. I know he doesn't."
"D-does he?"
She nodded confidently, and I wiped my eyes.

"I need to go see him."

I ran out my cabin headed towards the Posiedon cabin.

~