Chapter 21

Annabeth's POV

"Get ready for ambushes from the woods." I ordered.

Malcom stared at a full map of camp, moving pawns as campers. Campers ran around adjusting their armor, drinking from juice boxes, and looking at the mirror. I glanced at the statue like soldiers from camp Jupiter and sighed.

"Clarissie, organize the campers."

She went out, and a drew my dagger. I wished nothing more but have Percy by my side. I would give up my laptop for him- all my blueprints.
"Annabeth?"
I looked up to see Jason, all clad in armor.

"The monsters. They're coming in."

I walked right past him, outside the tent. I saw a wave of monsters literally flow into the camp, shooting a bunch of arrows and throwing bombs.

Kellie.

"I really hate that girl." I snarled.
"Who?"
"The pretty cheerleader at the top."
"Uh...."
I hit him on the back of his head. "She's a vampire."
"Huh?"

Boys.

"Whatever."

The campers met with the monsters, fighting for their lives. I didn't need to give the order to charge. It was superfluous. I charged into the mayhem with the campers, fitting in more than ever.

~

Hours.

Imagine hours of swinging around a sword. Thankfully, I had a dagger, but many people who had a sword looked tired. I slashed through a Canadian that had more tattos than Argos had eyes, and looked around, scanning the hills. I could see a few wounded campers limping towards the infirmary. Kellie was screaming out orders to the half demolished army. The picture of campers laying on the ground completely still made me want to throw up. I looked up the hill to see more monsters. Cursing, I looked around for any campers that could fight. Leo. Jason. Frank. Reyna. Luke. Ethan. Zoe. A group of Ares campers. More groups of assorted campers.

Not enough.

Malcom ran up to me. "Annabeth. Theres not enough campers for the next attack-"
"Get Frank to go to the sea. Ask him to get Posiedon."
"Annabeth-"
"And go to the infirmary after that."
He furrowed his eyebrows. "I told you we needed as many campers as possible. Thaila put a hand on his shoulder.
"Don't worry. I'll have it covered."
I glanced at her. "No more huntresses?"
She nodded. "Chiron's trying to rein in the pony parties, but it's not working."
I closed my eyes for a count of three.

"Lets try our best."

~

I stopped for a moment to catch my breath.

I put pressure on the wound on my arm and looked up. I had gotten into the corner to tend to my wounds quickly. I scanned the hills and watched the hydra battle with a few chaos soldiers. I stepped outside from my hiding spot and stabbed a monster through it's head. A chimera roared and sent a camper running, but Thaila was calm.

I threw my knife and it embedded it right between it's eyes. It disinigrated into golden dust and I went to pick up my dagger. Something knocked me down forcefully, knocking my breath out of me. I held myself up by my two arms to see my own dagger tip placed on my forehead.

"Oh, our dear Annabeth." Kellie smiled, her mouth flickering between a vampire and a pretty cheerleader. She smelled of roses. I tried to inch away, but she wouldn't let me.

"Say goodbye."

She thrust the dagger at me, and I was frozen. I didn't have anything to defend myself with.
I closed my eyes tight.

Maybe it was time to say goodbye.

OMG SO SHORT ME SO SORRY