Chapter 65

I know how to fold socks like this, I'm just to lazy to. But if you fold it in the regular way, with the ankle part and blablablabla, it streches the sock.

But only fold it like that when I want to.

But I never want to.

You are awesome Victor.

You don't get why? Read.

Victor's POV

"Why did you go out?"

He shrugged, pulling his blankets tighter around himself. His nose was red and the rest of his face was pale. He was grabbing the mug of tea tight. I sighed and stared at his temperature.

"You'll be fine." I said looking at the time. "I'll stay here overnight." I said, glancing back at him.

He nodded absent-mindedly, staring blankly at the beach outside his window. I set the thermometer down.

"Percy. Did you meet someone?"

He didn't answer, but sighed.

"How many people would be affected by my death?"

I narrowed my eyes.

"You met someone."

He laid down, pulling his blanket up to his face. I set a hand on his shoulder.

"Rest." I said stiffly.

I went around the room, cleaning up his laundary and clean clothes. I went out to the harpies and gave them the laundary, then got it back soon after. I sat on the floor and started folding his clothes. I folded his socks and looked through his drawers to see that his clothes were unfolded and shoved in anywhere. I let out a long sigh and dumped everything out, again sorting out the laundary and folding all his clean clothes. I refolded all his socks, and by the time it was too late for the harpies to do laundary. I threw the clump of clothes in the laundary basket and assorted the clothes in his drawers. I also went through his bathroom, cleaning up the place.

It was late by time I had cleaned up the whole place, and I really felt like just going to sleep. I went to his bed and saw that his blanket was now tangled in his arms and legs. I tucked him in again and took his temperature to see it had gotten higher. I pursed my lips and sat down beside him. His face was void of emotion, and so pale it looked blue in the moonlight. His dark hair stood out against his pale skin. I examined his face, but all I could see is the dark circles hanging under his eyes. He looked younger and less tired now that he was sleeping. He suddenly jerked, waken from his peaceful sleep and mumbled something, curling up into a ball again.

A cut.

A small, thin, cut was formed on his cheek, and he flinched. He jerked once more, coughing. I was frozen for a moment.

And then, he suddenly went still.

~

I broke out of my trance.

"Percy!" I shook him hard, but he wouldn't wake up. "Percy!"

His head lolled to the side, and my heart skipped a beat when I found out he was barely breathing, and I felt his pulse to feel it slow and irregular.