Holiday Special

I'LL ACT LIKE TIME HASN'T PASSED IN THE MAGNUS CHASE SERIES.

Percy's POV

I woke up at a entry courtyard of an opulent town house.

I blinked a few times, trying to get it through my head. Why was I here? Was I set to elysium immediantly? I felt my clothes- I simple white shirt with jeans. I felt Riptide in my pocket.

No scars.

Nothing. Not even the rough burn on my cheek.

Maybe.

I extended my wings, and was delighted they were here. I snapped them shut.

So I was dead.

Then where was I?

I looked around the other buildings. I was in Manhattan. Skyscrapers. I could faintly see the Empire State building from here.

But the strange thing was that there were no cars.

No cabs.

I frowned. No. I was dead. I turned back to the house. There was a tree with glittering golden leaves and a bronze plaque. I squinted at it. There was English, and something else.

Norse?

I rubbed my eyes.

WELCOME TO THE GROVE OF GLASIR.

NO SOLICITING. NO LOITERING.

HOTEL DELIVERIES: PLEASE USE THE NIFLHIEM ENTERANCE.

"Niflhiem..."

I traced my memory back to when Annabeth had told me about Norse myths. Horror flashed through me. I was Greek. Someone had gotten me mixed up. Suddenly, the doors opened to let out golden light and a burly man in uniform. He stared at me with his bloodshot eyes.

"Dead?"

I nodded slowly.

He sighed. "Come in. I'll show you to registration."

~

I decided to keep quiet about the fact I was Greek.

My heart hammered in my chest as I followed the man.

"I'm Hunding."

"... I'm Percy."

He glanced at me once before looking back foward. I looked around. There were other guys in bathrobes, laughing and chatting with each other. There were spears and shields decorating the place, which I knew Clarissie would love. In the middle of the foyer, a free standing display board announced:

TODAY'S ACTIVITIES

SINGLE COMBAT TO THE DEATH!- OSLO ROOM, 10A.M.
GROUP COMBAT TO THE DEATH!- STOCKHOLM ROOM, 11A.M.
BUFFET LUNCH TO THE DEATH!- DINING HALL, 12PM
FULL ARMY COMBAT TO THE DEATH! MAIN COURTYARD, 1P.M.
BIKRAM YOGA TO THE DEATH!-COPENHAGEN ROOM, BRING YOUR OWN MAT, 4P.M