Chapter 68

Victor's POV

I stared blankly at Percy's scarred face.

A burn, a burn the shape of a perfect square was branded on his lower cheek. It was a shame really- he was quite handsome. He had many serious injuries. His ribs were broken, and his lung was punctured because of that. He had many cuts, and it wasn't a few that were infected. He had millions of bruises, mostly on his stomach, which I knew would cause problems later. Other than that were pretty minor, and they would heal in a week or so. I sat down next to him, still dumbfounded about how he came in.

He was stumbling into camp, and Annabeth had found him. He was already unconscious by the time he was in the infirmary, but bleeding and half dead. I sighed. The punctured lung was going to become a problem. He had heart disease- he already couldn't get enough oxygen around his body. Lung pucture? He might want to say goodbye. I carefully put one hand on his, wondering if he would react.

Nothing.

Sighing, I grabbed his hand with both of mine.

Still nothing.

"Victor?"

~

I walked to lunch with Reyna, holding hands.

It had been a long time since we had been together. She looked happy enough now. I sighed. I didn't have the time to go on a date. It wasn't the time anyway.

"Why did you sigh?"

"... Percy."

She nodded slowly. She stood up tiptoes and kissed me on the cheek.

"I'll be going to the Roman camp today after lunch." she said.

My heart deflated in a wierd way. I frowned.

"... Today."

She smiled. "I'll be back soon though. It's just helping Frank."

I nodded. "I see."

We both went to our seperate tables and I dug into my food. I wished that Percy would be awake the time I ate lunch. I ate slowly as I could, chewing everything atleast 10 times. I went to the brazier slowly, scraped the food into it slowly, and walked very slowly to the infirmary. I opened the door, and realized this wasn't what I really wanted.

He was gone.

~

I ran out of the infirmary, wilding thinking where he could be.

Not Tartarus again...

I ran to the beach, hoping desperately. My worry soon changed to pure anger.

He was sitting there, so peacefully.

I smacked the back of his head and his head fell limply. I took a step back. I wouldn't of-

He sighed and raised his head again.

"That hurt Victor." he said blandly.

I scowled and sat down beside him.

"You could of left a note."

He was sitting on his side without his burn. His eyes were glazed with pain, although his expression was blank. Suddenly feeling worried, I stood up.

"Percy, we should go in now. It's getting colder."

He sighed. "No. I came out here for a reason." he closed his eyes and took a deep breath. "I wanted some fresh air."

I unwrapped my scarf and wrapped it around his neck.

"It's ivory."

I scowled again.

"Don't stay out for long." I warned him.

He nodded slowly, not taking his eyes off the sea. I frowned and turned around, heading back to the infirmary. I made his bed and grabbed a peach and peeled it. He came in after about 10 minutes, which was a bit too long, but I didn't say anything. He went under the covers, but I nudged him and handed him a fork.

"Eat."

He stared at the food as if it at came from space.

"I'm not hungry."

"Percy."

He pursed his lips but ate one slice, and ate about 6. He stared at me pointedly and I shrugged eating a slice myself. I swallowed the peach.

"What are you going to about that burn?"

He shrugged.

"Maybe we'll just leave it for now."

He nodded slowly. I set my fork down.

"You think you can go to sleep?"

He thought about it.

"... I can try."

I sighed. "No, it's fine. Take a sleeping pill." I set it on the dresser. I glanced at him before I left, who was staring at the pills.

We were trying to act like nothing happened.

~

"I heard Percy's awake."

I scowled at Annabeth's gray eyes.

"Yes."

"Can I go see him?"

I considered it. I would need to contact the Chaos planet, and needed to help Will. It wouldn't hurt to have Annabeth watch him.

"Fine. But don't wake him."

She smiled widely. I felt like putting two nuclear bombs together and try to turn them off when their timers were 1. I shook my head and bit into my sandwitch. Something inside me was giving me this foreboding feeling- something.

Just my nerves.

Percy was back safe. He was fine- or would be. Yes... He was okay.

I swallowed hard.

Nothing was wrong.

I started reading the Sword of Summer and well....

GIVING U SPOLIERS

Magnus dies in the first 47 pages.

*Claps*

You had to kill Magnus troll!!!

Theres no Percy!!!!

WE WANT PERCY!!!!!