Chapter 82

Victor's POV

Maybe I shouldn't of told him.

His face was white as snow. His hands were clasped together tightly, and was shaking. He insisted we would go to camp right there and then, and I couldn't say anything.

It was his cousin after all.

I wondered how Jason would be like right now. Not very good. Luke.... He wouldn't be fine either.

Annabeth.

I didn't tell Percy about it. I was afraid he would get even worse, it was bad enough right now.

We had to use the portal in the city, which was only restricted to certain people. There was a portal that teleported to Manhattan, one to Chicago, and one to L.A. The others were mostly capitals, like Athens, Seoul, or Berlin. I was driving, with Percy next to me. He was making me nervous. He half fainted at the news.

"Victor."

I glanced at him.

"... Nobody else is hurt, right?"

I gritted my teeth. I wouldn't lie.

"Lets talk when we get there."

"... What is that supposed to mean?"

"Shut up."

I parked the car in the parking lot and the car went back to Chaos. My breath fogged in the cold air. I stepped into the portal heading towards Manhattan with Percy behind me.

~

It was easy.

We rode a cab to camp and payed a few bucks.

The hard part?

Going inside camp.

I could see the sizzled grass where the poison had dripped. Percy began walking faster, and I could see Luke.

"Percy!"

Luke ran up to him. "How did you come?"

".... Thaila."

His eyes became sadder. "Oh... We didn't burn her shroud yet."

He looked down. He glanced at me. I shook my head. He looked away and patted Percy's arm.

"You should go see Jason." He said. "He needs some solace."

"He can get that from Will Solace."

They both stared at me.

"Sorry."

"He's in his cabin. There might be Piper in there too."

"Go to your cabin right after, okay?"

He nodded and walked off to the Zeus cabin.

"Why didn't you tell him?!!!" he hissed.

"He's going to have a heart attack if I tell him!! Literally!"