Chapter 44

Victor's POV

"Did you ask the Alpha team?"

Annabeth nodded, a little breathless. I scowled and pushed my hair back.
It had been an hour since they had gone out on patrol and Percy still wasn't here. I had checked the arena and his room already. He wasn't anywhere.

"A few soldiers say that he stayed back to check the borders."

"But he would have been here by now!"

"I don't know." she said, agitated.

"Lets ask Chaos."

We walked/ran to his office and I threw the door open. Chaos looked up from his computer.

"Victor. You didn't have to make such a sound."

"Do you know where Percy is?"

He frowned. "No. Why?"

"He still isn't back from patrol." Annabeth explained.

"Wait." he clicked a few times on his computer, and he paled. He stood up abruptly and grabbed his cloak and threw both of us masks.

"What? Why?"

"He's outside the borders." Chaos said urgently.

All of my blood drained into my feet.

"What?!"

Chaos grabbed our shoulders and we dissapeared to the borders.

~

While we hastily put on our masks, Chaos made a hole and went out of the borders.

Annabeth tried to follow, but I blocked her.

"Don't go in unless you want to get lost."

She bit her lip but stayed, and we waited. I never knew time could pass so slowly. I checked my watch every minute, and it felt like an hour passed.

Suddenly, Chaos came out from the hole, carrying a limp body. He placed him on the ground, and filled the hole.
"Get him to the hospital."
We dissapeared again, and I pulled his mask off. He was deathy pale, and my heart skipped a beat when I couldn't hear him breathing. I grasped for his pulse, and I was reliefed to feel his heart still beating. I intwined my fingers and placed them on his chest.

1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14-

He let out a cough and took a shaky breath. I exhaled and leaned back, and noticed Chaos talking to a doctor. A few nurses picked Percy off the ground and took him along with the doctor.

"Will he be okay?" Annabeth asked worriedly.

"You have nothing to do with it." I snapped, standing up.

Chaos put a hand on my shoulder.
"We should be thankful we found him soon. He would of been dead if we found him later." he said grimly.
I rubbed my face. "Someone would of pushed him in."
"He went around with the Iota team.

I missed that idea.

Again, all the blood drained to my feet as I remembered. I ran into where the doctor had taken him.

I was too late.

A knife was stuck in Percy's chest, with the doctor smiling over him.

The doctor was in the Iota team.

This isn't even 500 words I'm dying....

I'll try to go over 1000 next time T.T