Chapter 98

Annabeth's POV

"Where's Percy?"

"... He said he didn't have an appetite."

Hazel pursed her lips. "He's sick?"

I nodded slowly. "I think there was a small fight with a Roman soldier."

Hazel paused. "... Maybe it's because of the Heath twins."

"I hate those little brats."

"I think he just gossiped about how he was going to chase out the Greeks." she furrowed her eyebrows. "I overheard them talking."

I scowled and my eyeballs rolled around to find them and gut them.

"... Can I see him?"

"Huh?"

"Percy. I haven't been able to talk to him for a while."

I thought for a few seconds. "I'm not sure. I'll ask."

"Thanks."

I took a few bites of my meatloaf. It was kind of hard to swallow thinking Percy wasn't eating anything. I gulped down some water, pushing it down my throat.

"... Annabeth."

I glanced at Nico. "Yes?"

"I was wondering when Percy would die."

I pressed my lips together. I wasn't sure how to feel about him. His words were straightfoward, but somewhat rude.

"A few days. Maybe a week." I shoved more of the meatloaf into my mouth, hoping the tears would squeeze back into my eyes.

"Don't worry."

I stared at him. He was looking down at his lap.

"He'll go to elyisum. I met Thalia.... And Andrew." he bit his lip. "Theo too." he sighed. "He'll be happy." he said flatly.

I was frozen into place. Suddenly, I was thinking about how different he was when I had first met him. He was ten, smiling, and looked like he actually had blood. Now he was pale, tall, skinny, with raging, dark eyes. His long hair was slightly over his eyes, which I knew Bianca would cut as soon as she saw him. He still had his olive complexion, but it had faded out till it was barely visible

"Do you still do mythomagic?" I blurted.

He stared at me if I was crazy. He sighed. "Sometimes."

I nodded slowly. He plowed through his dinner and I stood up, and the wind whisked my plate away. Hazel stood up also and walked beside me.

"When are you going back?"

"Tommorow morning."

"Early?"

"Yeah."

We walked a little bit without a word. We got closer to the barracks, and I saw Percy outside, sitting on a hammock and talking to a boy. He smiled when he saw me and said a few words before jumping off the hammock.