Chapter 59

Percy's POV

The head of the dummy went flying.

I ran my fingers through my hair, makibg it stand on end. Nothing seemed to run right without Victor. I had slept here in the arena, and woke up and started training again at 5 in the morning.

Maybe I was just losing it.

It had been a few hours since I should of taken the painkiller.

I stared at the clock.

I felt a bit jittery, but nothing else. I wasn't sure. I clenched my teeth.

I could try.

I felt like I just couldn't get rid of the pain without them. I couldn't do anything- I couldn't sleep, I couldn't eat- heck I couldn't live without them.

"Percy?"

I could find an alternative.

I slid open the door and saw Annabeth.

"Did you sleep last night?"

"Yeah."

"You didn't come to your room."

"I slept here."

"Percy, you're hurt too. Just because Victor's-"

"I know." I sighed. "I'm just... My mind' a little complicated."

We stood there for a few seconds.

"I understand." she said quietly.

"What do you want me to do?" I asked tiredly.

"Go to your room and go to sleep."

"... You think I'll be able to sleep?"

She grabbed my hand tight.

"Then lets go see Victor. You can sleep on the sofas."

I stared at her hand, and I suddenly felt tired. I exhaled.

"Alright."

We walked slowly, and I didn't tell Annabeth that it was because I wanted to hold her hand just a bit longer.

~

Reyna was on one couch.

I glanced at her and went over to Victor. Sitting down on the wooden chair, I remembered when he had done the same to me when I had been injured, just like this. I picked his hand up. It was limp and cold, which felt odd in my hands. I swallowed hard, trying to hold back tears. With Victor like this- unmoving and nearly dead, I felt so alone in this world.

Wasn't there any way I could help?

Wake up.

I prayed silently. I felt like a little kid. Annabeth put a hand on my shoulder.

Wake up.

Please.

I didn't care if he scolded me, followed me around, or nagged at me to clean my room. I just wanted to see him awake. I held his hand close to my face, willing it to become warmer.

I needed a miracle.

~

Victor's POV

It was all a dream.

I knew it was.

I could feel myself in the bed, and I could hear Percy crying for me to wake up in my mind. I could feel his hot tears on my hand, and I could feel Reyna's hand.

But I couldn't do anything.

I wanted to wake up. I remembered running and falling down the stairs. I remembered them stabbing me in the back.

And I wanted to wake up.

I doubted Percy out eat or take his medcine. He could cut, overdose, or hang himself and nobody would know.

A dream.

It wasn't a demigod dream. Just a normal dream.

I had this dream a few times.

I was in a room made of clouds. All I did was pace around the room, again and again and again.

Maybe it was my brain.

Quinn would be happy. He would be happy I was nearly dead.

Would I get to see Alathea?

I knew it wasn't right. I had Reyna by my side- and she was enough.

Dreams.

My whole body was on fire, but all I could feel was excitement.
It didn't hurt. It was just exhilarating- like a rollercoaster.

Wake up.

Please.

But I didn't want to leave.

My body kept burning- burning down till I was a pile of ashes.