Chapter 78

Percy's POV

We didn't say a word.

He didn't even look at me as he cleaned up my room. I stood there awkwardly after taking off my coat and scarf, not knowing what to do. He suddenly banged the laundry basket on the floor, making me flinch. He looked up at the celing and let out a long sigh.

"Sit down."

I sat down slowly on the bed. He opened his bag and got out a cotton swab. He dabbed something on it and dabbed it on my lip and I flinched.

"Stay still."

His tone was murderous. He threw the cotton swab away and placed a hand on my forehead.

"Are. You. Feeling. Okay."

"......."

"ARE YOU OKAY YOU IMBECILE!" He screamed.

"Y-yeah....?"

He looked up at the ceiling again and sighed.

"Go. To. Sleep."

His tone was calmer, but still murderous. I shifted.

"... Victor. I-"

"Shut up." He put the first aid kit away in his bag and stood up, walking towards the bathroom. He came back with the bottle of sleeping pills and a thermometer.

"How many."

"Huh?"

"10? 20? The whole bottle? How much do you need to shut up and sleep?"

"... 1."

He scowled and rattled one into my palm. I gulped it down with water.

"... When do you think you can sleep without these?"

I didn't say anything. He took my temperature and frowned.

"Come back to camp." he said curtly.

"There's work here."

"Fine then." he snapped. He snatched his scarf from the peg, stomping out. I watched him slam the door and I collasped, finally able to give away from the darkness.

~

Victor's POV

I was too angry to go back.

I knew his temperature was dangerously high. I knew he wasn't okay. I knew he would be dead.

I didn't want to care.

I stomped my foot, earning weird glances from other soldiers.

It was his fault. I didn't have to care. I didn't.

"Who says I care?" I scoffed. "I'm not going back! He told me he was fine!" I rambled to myself as I went back to my dorm. I threw my bag to the side and hung my scarf and coat on the peg.