Chapter 84

Leo's POV

I felt stupid.

Victor and I had split up without any plans.

Really smart, I know.

I only knew the direction he went to, and we followed his footprints. But he seemed to have walked a lot, and Percy looked like he was about to die. He was slightly hunched over, pale, and sweating even though it was cold. I racked my brain for any more ideas.

"Leo. Can we rest for a moment?"

I jumped at the sudden question and I nodded quickly. He sat down with a long sigh. He scooped up snow with his bare hands and it melted into water. He poured it over his wrists, healing it immediantly.

"... Lets just teleport to camp. We can IM Victor."

"You think you can teleport?"

His eyes flashed. "Yes."

He grabbed my arm and I blinked to see that I was on half blood hill. He sprayed mist across the sky and a rainbow formed. He tossed a drachma in, and the screen shimmered and blinked. It hissed and kept on blinking, till it went out. Percy was still. He looked like all the blood had drained out of his face.

Not looking back, he ran back into the woods.

~

I

lost him.

It had started snowing heavily, so I couldn't find his footprints. He was too fast. I looked around. I knew where this place was- but I needed to find Percy and Victor.

Quickly.

Someone bumped into me, hard. I looked up.

"Victor!"

He had a long gash across his leg. He scowled.

"Where's Percy."

"He's looking for you!"

"What?!"

"He just started running."

The snow seemed to fall harder, turning into a blizzard. It put my fire out, the snow sizzling in my hand.

"Victor?!"

"Percy!"

Victor yelled over the wind, but the words were lost, tossed away.

I knew.

It hit me hard, and I wondered why I didn't know.

Khione.

~

I grabbed Victor's arm tight, heating myself up. The snow kept me cool enough not to ignite, but enough to melt the snow in a sizzling cloud. I put one hand in my tool belt and pulled out a ball peen hammer. The weight made me feel much safer.

"Apollo! Come on!!!" Victor yelled.

Was he crazy? I squinted and saw a glimpse of a beautifully cold face.

Khione.

She had grabbed Percy by his coat, a knife to his neck. Percy had his eyes squinted in the snow.

"APOLLO!"

Suddenly, everything cleared. Khione screamed and she melted into a puddle of water and soaked up into the snow. The sun shone so brightly it was almost hot.

"Victor!"

The sun god spread his arms out to his grumpy sun as if he wanted a hug. Victor ignored him and helped Percy to his feet.

"You're late."

His voice was colder than the blizzard. Apollo frowned.

"Come on-"

"What." he snarled.

Apollo pursed his lips. ".... I'll heal him..."

Percy straightened up. "I'm fine Lord Apollo."

He forced a smile at Percy, and turned back to Victor.

"He says he's fine Victor! So can you just give me a bit of time to-"

"Does he look okay to you?"

Apollo frowned. Percy definately didn't look okay. Percy nudged Victor.

"Victor. Just because-"

"Look. I really hate asking for you help. It doesn't help that you show up every time I ask."

"But Victor, I swear I didn't mean it!"

"You didn't mean to pretend to be a demigod and charm my wife."

What?

Apollo squirmed. "I understand that I ruined your life and all but-"

"But what."

"I'm sorry! She was just really pretty and-"

"If not for you, I would of never gotten in the army. If not for you, I would of never met this idiot-" he pointed at Percy. "and I would of lived a perfectly normal life."

Percy looked flabbergasted. "What? Apollo did?"

Apollo glared at Percy and turned back to Victor.

"Atleast you met Reyna-"

"Now you're going to charm her too, aren't you?"

"No!"

Victor scowled, his blue eyes raging and cold just like the blizzard that had hit us.

"Go away."

Apollo took a step back. "I'll just teleport you to camp and-"

"GO AWAY!"

He dissapeared into rays of sunlight, giving us loads of vitamin D.

"Victor. What do mean that-"

"Shut up."

His blue eyes turned to me, and I wondered how his eyes were that cold. Colder than Nico's, colder than Khione, colder than even the North wind, Boreas.

"Not a word about this. You understand?"

I nodded slowly, cause I didn't want to get seriously injured. He sighed and grabbed my arm and we also dissapeared into light, and I was sure I had enough vitamin D to last for 10 years.

~

After a check if I was okay, Calypso scolded me for forever.

Well, not exactly forever, but it felt like forever.

"Why did you even go out in the woods! It was really cold-"

I glanced at Percy. Calypso seemed to understand. Percy was talking to Chiron, using hand motions while Victor draped a blanket over his shoulders.

"... Is he okay?"

I could feel the slight bitterness in her tone. I sighed.

"I don't know." I admitted. "But he will be."

"... How do you know?"

"He said so. I can trust him."

She faltered, then exhaled. She kissed me on the cheek.

"Atleast no one's hurt. And you're safe."

I nodded slowly, looking at Percy. He was walking off with Victor, hunched over.

"I don't really think no one's hurt...." I mumbled.

"What?"

"No. Nothing." I smiled. "Let's go eat lunch. I'm starving."