Chapter 76

Annabeth's POV

I couldn't find Percy.

Worried, I waited till lunch. But he still didn't come out. I searched the beach for him and went to his cabin. He was lying in his bed. I went to his bed and crouched by him. He blinked a few times.
"Annabeth?" he croaked.

I set my hand on his forehead. He was burning up. He sat up.

"I'm fine." he assured. "I'm just tired."

"I'll get Victor."

"No!" he grabbed my hand. "... Can you... Can you stay?"

I sighed, unable to refuse his pleading eyes. I laid down on the bed, staring into his eyes. They were as mezmerizing and beautiful as usual, though they were a darker shade today. He closed his eyes and wrapped his arms around me, pressing close. I could feel his breath. Breathing in his salty scent, I snuggled with him, neither of us doing anything but snuggling.

REALLY THEY ONLY SNUGGLED I SWEAR THERE WASN'T ANY OF.... THAT BABY MAKING.

~

I opened my eyes groggily, wondering how long I had been asleep.

I streched, yawning, and turned around to Percy to wake him.

I nearly fell off the bed.

His hair was plastered to his forehead. His face was pale and was breathing hard, his face contorted in pain. He was clutching his chest. I stood up, alarmed. I shook him lightly.

"Percy. Can you here me?" I asked frantically.

He muttered something. I heard something close to I'm okay, but his words were half air. I ran out to the infirmary, desperately searching for Victor or Will. I grabbed a nurse.

"Where's Will?"

"He- he's in the surgery-"

I ran off before she could finish her sentence. Will wasn't there. Maybe Victor would be in his cabin. I opened the door to the Apollo cabin. He looked up at me calmly, folding clothes.

"What."

"It's-" I took a deep breath. "Percy- Percy's sick."

I expected him to stand up and run to Percy's cabin. But he just turned back to his clothes.

I stared at him.

"Victor, Percy's sick!"

"I get it." he snapped. "I'm not deaf."

"But... But what if-"

"He wants to die. Let him die." He finished folding his last shirt and piled them up.

"Victor, please." I sobbed.

"Why should I."

"I can't live without him. Please come."

He sighed, putting his clothes in the dresser.

"Alright."