Chapter 94

Victor's POV

I felt uncomfortable with Apollo standing over Percy.

Apollo had his glasses on. I cautiously put mine away.

"How is he alive?" He asked incredulously.

"... What exactly is it?"

He took his glasses off and I slipped mine on. He raised an eyebrow.

"Apparently, the pain curse settled in his body. It's in his system already."

"We can't get it out?"

He shook his head. "This is an impossible case. It's literally stuck inside him. Can he eat?"

"... He ate yesterday lunch?"

"And?"

"Lost it last night."

"It should be stuck in every organ, eating it out. Oh. And he's got heart problems, right?"

I nodded.

"Make sure he doesn't get stressed out. His vessels should of gotten weaker. And what the hell is this?" He exclaimed at Percy's neck.

"An accident."

He nodded. "The stuff in his blood will stay, but his body will try to expel most of the stuff. But..." he glanced at the calendar. "He has about a week. Maybe two weeks." His fingers lightly touched Percy's forehead and he seemed to relax.

"Here."

The light bended and it replaced the IV with something else. It was clear, like water.

"It won't run out." he paused. "It's pretty strong. He'll need some time to get used to it. Try to get him to eat. He'll need it."

I nodded slowly.

"... Do you mind if I tell the other Gods?"

"... Don't announce it."

"I won't." He promised.

"Everyone will know in the end." I said flatly.

He nodded. "... Good luck?"

"Thanks."

"... I'm sorry."

I sighed. "It's alright. I guess."

He immediantly brightened. "Really!"

I smiled. "Kinda."

He smiled widely before dissapearing in his own light. I stared at the clear liquid dripping into the tube.

It was enough for me.

The past was the past. I could easily forget it, but Apollo did still owe me.

"I would of never met you." I smiled. "I wonder how boring my life would of been."