Chapter 7

Percy's POV

We left after Thaila yelled at me for a long time.

We had gotten it all explained to Henry. He apologized, but he wouldn't meet Evelyn's eyes. In the car, I tried to shake off the memories of my dream last night. The deep wound throbbed painfully, not letting me think straight. Stella drove, while Evelyn and I sat in the back seats. She stayed far away from me, and I didn't mind. I leaned back and tried to sleep, but it didn't work.
"Are we there yet?"
"About 30 minutes left." she said. "Is Evelyn sleeping?"
"Yeah."
Soon, the road turned to dirt and it got rockier. Evelyn woke up when we stopped.
"I think we have to walk from now."
We all got out of the car, and Stella picked up Evelyn. We walked into the forest, and I found the little stream.
"Percy!"
I whipped around and saw Thaila waving, running towards us.
"You've got to be kidding me. You were gone- gone for a month and you show up saying you want me to recruit a kid. What about camp? You can't just run away!"
"Thaila."
"Annabeth regrets what she done. She's been crying over it for months. Maybe if you just hear why-"
"Thaila."
She faltered at my tone.
"I came here to help her. Nothing else. I'm not here to talk."
"But Percy-"
"Her name's Evelyn. Seven years old. Daughter of Hermes. You can recruit her, right?"
She did nothing but study me with her electrifying blue eyes for a moment.
"I will. Only if you promise."
I sighed. "Promise what."
"That you'll come back to camp. It doesn't matter when- just promise me you'll someday come back."
I looked down. "I don't know if-"
"Swear on the river Styx."
"Then you do too. About not telling anyone."
"I swear on the River Styx I won't tell anyone."
I pushed Evelyn foward lightly, and Thaila grabbed her hand.
"You have to swear-"
"Stella, this is my cousin Thaila. She's a daughter of Zeus."
She nodded slowly.
"Jackson!"
"What."
"Swear."
"Look-"
"Swear on the River Styx."
"Thaila-"
"Swear!"
"I swear on the river Styx I will come back someday. Alright?"
She scowled. "Fine." she crossed her arms. "But don't think I'll do you another favor like this again."
"I won't ask you anyway."
She smirked. "Are you sure?"

"I don't know if that'll work with that soft heart of yours."

~

I hated myself.

I shuddered in the corner of the room, not wanting to see the mess I had made.

Soft heart?

I clenched my teeth.

Broken relationships?

Tears rolled down my cheeks.

Annabeth.

I want to see you.

Will you welcome me?

She doesn't love you anymore.

I stared at the empty bottles of pills and blood, fighting off my drowsiness.

There was nobody to stop me now.

I knew what I was doing. I could feel it clearly. It felt so good, paying for my sins that way.

Blood will be washed away by blood.

I didn't search for water. All I wanted was blood- more blood! Blood was such a pretty color. I remembered the color of it the white walls. The dark carpet didn't show the color. The blood mixed with sweat. It was getting harder to breathe. I felt extremely nauseous and dizzy, while feeling uncomfortably cold. I crawled to the unopened bottle of painkillers.

I just wanted to die now.

Die.

Just die.

DIE!

I hated myself.

I just couldn't forget Annabeth.

S

rry.... Too short T.T