Chapter 42

Percy's POV

"I told you not to drink."

Unfortunatly, I couldn't remember anything. All I cared for was to cure the hangover. My head pounded, making me feel dizzy. My stomach hurt like hell, and my throat burned. Victor placed a glass of water on my dresser and I gulped it down gratefully.
"Will you be okay?"
I rubbed my temples. "I have to be."
"I can ask Iota to do the patrols. And Chaos doesn't have anything for you today."
"Great." I mumbled, leaning back.
Victor looked a little shaky. His hair was unruly, which was very unlike him. I had a bad feeling.

"Did I do anything...?"

He shook his head. "Nothing. I'll be going."

He left the room without a word and I flopped down, to tired to think. My body felt heavy. I closed my eyes tight, trying to push down the queasiness.

The hate comments popped up in my head. I clenched my pillow tight.

Whatever.

~

Victor's POV

"He's not feeling well today."

Bianca's forehead crinkled in worry. "I hope he gets well soon."

he might never.

".... Thanks."

"It's fine. I had nothing to do." she smiled. "May I visit him?"
"Maybe." I shrugged off. "Ask him."

She nodded and went off for patrol, and I went to the hospital right away. I barely had enough time to think. Running around the whole day, tending to sick patients, I nearly forgot about Percy. The sun was setting by the time I got to my dorm. I tossed my bag on the bed and ruffled my hair. Percy was the only thing left on my checklist.

I walked to his room, and stood outside the door for a few seconds.

I remembered what he had said to me yesterday night.

I understood what he was going to do.

I knocked on the door and pushed it open, to see noboy inside. I walked inside and looked around, but there was nobody in the room. I narrowed my eyes.

Footsteps.

I looked back to see Percy coming in the room. He glanced up at me and barely aknowledged me as he flopped on the bed.

"Where were you?"

"The library."

"Why?"

He pulled his pillow over his head and said nothing. I walked next to the bed.

"Whats wrong?"

"Victor, I just want to be alone."

I stared at him and took out a few pills in the paper bag and left it on his dresser. Walking out of the room, I couldn't help but feel worried.

I moved my thoughts away to the competition. There were only two opponents left, but they would fight well. Percy wasn't in the perfect shape to fight. He could get hurt, or even die. But what I heard from Percy was that Tartarus wouldn't let him die. Did it count for other people killing him? I shook my head and went into my room.