Chapter 17

Thaila's POV

Luke.

He was still a sore subject to me, even after he died and came back with a girlfriend. I didn't have any feelings for him now, but still a sore subject.

He stepped closer and stroked my cheek, making my heart skipped a beat. His endearing blue eyes stared into mine.
"I love you."

Those words were sweeter than anything, it was a sweet temptation. I stepped back, flustered.

"I- I'm a hunter."

His eyes narrowed. "Being a hunter is more important than me? Me?"
"You.... You have a girlfriend!"
"I broke up with her." he spread his arms.

"Who is it. Me or Artemis."

I took another step back, my legs shaky.
"I'm a hunter." I repeated.

His face twisted up into a ugly sneer and his eyes started to turn gold. His body writhed in pain as Kronos took over him slowly, while I was uselessly frozen in place.

You killed me.

A grotesque grin covered his face and he stuck a knife in my throat. He started to mangle me, throttle me, while I just stared at his face, crying out my pain and regret.

You.

YOU

I thought we were friends.

You killed me Thaila.

You did.

~

I woke up in the same place I had lost consciousness.

I stood up abruptly. My whole body was sore and my neck throbbed. I ran to the camp to hear crying. Many huntresses were on the ground, crying and shivering in the snow. I knelt beside Jasmine, who was staring at the snow with blank eyes.

"Whats wrong?"

"he was there. He did that again- again. He told me he wouldn't."

I couldn't understand her mumbling.

"Nightmares."

I looked up to see Artemis's face. She was pale.
"Everyone had nightmares. Even me."
She looked down. "I... I don't know what to do."
I felt even more lost. Our goddess- our mistress was lost. What would I be? She grabbed my hand.
"The son of Posiedon."

Percy.

All my blood drained down to my feet. I ran to his tent and opened the flap, letting the moonlight light it up. He was kneeling beside his bag, his hands frantically pouring pills onto his hand. His whole body was shaking hard, and blood dreched his neck. I hugged him, kneeling down on the ground. I felt his blood and sweat. His body trembled against mine. The memories of my dream faded into just a dream.

I knew it was nothing compared to what Percy had seen.

~