Chapter 10

Percy's POV

I still was alive.

I pounded my fist on the ground in pure anger, wishing that Hades would come and take me away. My voice was hoarse and my insides were still burning. I felt sick at the sight of everything. I had tried everything by now. I jumped off a building, overdosed on drugs, drank bleach, stabbed myself, cut, hanged myself, electrified myself- I had tried every way of suicide that I could.

The only way I could die.

Tartarus had to lose power. All this was useless. I needed to kill them. Every one of them.

I had to save the world.

Again.

~

I stepped in and the bell rung cheerfully.
Ghosts filled the seats, wailing and crying. Charon was in his silk suit, looking at a magazine. I tapped the counter. He didn't look up.
"Yes?"
"Let me in."
"Money."
"Don't have any."
"You'll have to wait. For..." he licked his finger and turned the page. "A thousand years or more."
I unsheathed my sword faster than light and set it on his neck, pushing him towards the wall.

"I'm not in a good mood today." I snarled.

He met my eyes. "You cannot kill a god."
His form turned misty and my sword slowly started to suck him in.

"Who says I can't kill a daemon?"

"I'll let you in." he said hurriedly.
I took my sword off. He opened the elevator and I stepped in. The two of us were the only ones in the boat. I stared at the black waters of the Styx. I stuck a hand in the water and it burned like acid. I took my hand out immediantly.
"You wouldn't do that unless you want to die."
"I want to die."
"Thats why you're here?"
"No. I can't die anyway." The boat came up on the shore and I stepped out of the boat.
"Thanks."
He didn't listen. He rowed away, and I turned around. I took a few steps foward and stepped on something hard. I looked down. It was sparkling. I bent down and picked it up.

Our wedding ring.

I clenched my fist.

Broken dreams.

Broken relationships.

I should of thrown it away. Should of melted it- to never see it again.

l slipped it in my pocket.

~

I stared into the white waters of the Lethe.

The quiet, gurgling waters calmed my nerves somehow.

If I forgot everything, what would I become?

Yes.

That was it.

I stepped into the water.

The water dried up immediantly, not letting me touch a drop of it. I lost it. My anger over took me and I took control of the water, splattering it everywhere. The ghosts nearby wailed and I took a shuddery breath. I really hated Tartarus. Losing my memory wasn't a choice. I looked down the roaf that led to Tartarus.
Highway to hell....
I shook my head. I wasn't going down there. Ever. I looked around, hoping nobody but ghosts saw me. I stepped out and the water started flowing natrually again. I walked away, towards the Styx again. I stared down at the black waters that contrasted from the white waters of the Lethe.

Suddenly, something grabbed me and up- to high for my taste. I realized it was my old math teacher, Alecto.
"Lord Hades wants to see you." she mumbled.
"I don't!"
I set my shoulders on greek fire, and she screeched and let me go.

I hadn't thought of that I was falling to the Styx.

Falling, I barely had time to think. Somewhat by instinct, I used my wings. Using one nearly cut off wing, I barely got to the other shore. I let out a scream of agony as I landed. Rolling on the rough sand, Ms. Dodds grabbed me again and flew towards the palace.

I could feel it. My shoulders and wings burned from the strain of trying to use my already ruined wings. The world spun and shimmered, but I tried my best not to lose consciousness. She dropped me on the palace and I stumbled foward.
"I told you to not injure him."

I gritted my teeth at his silky cold voice.

"My lord-"

He waved his hand met his black eyes with mine. He reminded of Nico.

"Perseus Jackson...." he mused. "What happened to your wings?"

His voice didn't have a touch of sympathy in it, which was thankful but I hated the mocking curiosity that made up for it.

"None of your business."

He raised an eyebrow. "That is rude." he shook his head. "I should of expected it. You're always rude."

"I'll take it as a compliment."

He glared at me. "Why are you here? You wanted me to blast you into a million pieces?"

"Yeah. Kinda."

"Why are you here."

"Just wanted to try something."

"What."

"Jumping in the Lethe. Just wanted to know how far Tartarus would go."

Hades hissed at Tartarus's name.

"Names have power Perseus Jackson."

"Doesn't my name have power?"

He glared at me. "As long as you didn't do anything in my domain..." he curled his lip at me. "I'll get that little idiot to pick you up."

My body froze.

"No."

He raised an eyebrow. "Why?" he studied me carefully, and caught it. He started laughing, the first time I saw him laugh.

"Oh gods.... Thats why!" he laughed. "I wonder if I should tell this to Posiedon." he snorted. "He was an idiot to adore you." his smile was unsettling.

"Demigods all end up in the same way. Getting killed. Or commiting suicide. Only two ways."

His laughing didn't sound like laughing from then on.

~

Tartarus's POV

I gritted my teeth.

He was making this hard.

But I was never going to let him die like that.

More pain.

Happy endings?

Those only exists in fairytales.
Greeks invented tragedies. He would never- never ever ever get a happy ending.

I had wonderful plans for him anyway.

I knew my mental state was all I could save. But it didn't matter. I could meet him in dreams. All I had to do is put him to a deep sleep. I stared at all the jagged swords I had waiting for him.
"Perseus Jackson..." I mused. My fingers ran across the assortment of blades. I hummed a song that I always had liked. Though the order is odd. If the head is first, one would die so soon.

Lets go backwards.

First the toes and knees

Shoulders.

And head.

Head, shoulders knees and toes knees and toes.

All of them.