Chapter 70

Annabeth's POV

It was fun being invisible.

Monsters didn't know anything about me till they died. Nobody knew that I was in the midst of the fight. I stabbed a monster in the back. I saw a group of cyclops run into where the cabins were. Alarmed, I ran after them.

They can't get to the cabins.

I stabbed a cyclops right through it's stomach and slashed through another. The last cyclops, who was wondering where his friends went, died soon after. I panted, out of breath from running. I scanned the chaos for Percy, hoping I could see him. I took a blind step foward, and stepped into something squishy. I stifled a scream when I saw it was a body. I swallowed hard and picked it up under it's arms and dragged it across the grass. The warmth was leaving his body. I set it down where it would be safe and looked around.

Percy.

I saw him- him using powers. His sword seemed to be his arm, it was almost kike he was dancing.

And that dangerous dance was inturrupted.

The use of power- it was unfortunatly too much for him. He gasped, dropping his sword. A giant grabbed him by the neck and held him up, but he did not struggle at all. I ran towards him and slashed across the giant's legs, and he howled in pain and dropped him. Dazed, Percy took in his surroundings.

All the monsters turned to invisible me.

~

My cap was knocked off, and it was pretty obvious they could see me.

In a millisecond, all I could see was Percy's back. I whipped around, and my blade clashed with another. I gritted my teeth and ducked under it and stabbed the monster.

"Why are you here?!"

"Cause I don't want you to die you idiot!"

"I love you too!" he yelled.

Something like a laser shot towards me and by instinct, I deflected it off by my blade.

"What was that?!"

"I don't know!"

"Maybe the magic!"

"The candy canes work?!"

"Victor said they're wooden candy canes!"

"I'm going to try one later."

"It'll probably taste woody."

"Woody? Like in Toy Story?"

"No!"

"What were we talking about?"

"What was that?" I prompted.

"OH MY GODS WHAT THE F-"

"Language."

"Duck!"

I ducked.

"I HATE THOSE CANDY CANE MAGICIANS!"

"Would you hate them if the candy canes were blue?"

"... Depends."

I stabbed the hellound in the head.

"What the hell was that anyway?" Percy asked, throwing a hand grenade into the mass.

"Magic. I don't know what it does but-"