Chapter 46

Percy's POV

"Lord Chaos, this man acted out of justice. People have no right to put him in jail."

The lawyer on the doctor's side said confindently, almost so that I wanted to believe him. I sat quietly in my seat as my lawyer spoke, which I could barely hear. My inner voice shouted to me to run. I could feel eyes on me, and I knew there was Annabeth's eyes on me too. The judge spoke also, and I heard a sound of protest from the other side. I held my head up and stared at the doctor who had lost his head.

"I'm not the one whose supposed to go to jail! The real criminal is there-" he shouted, pointing at me. "He killed thousands of soldiers, and he even killed his own son!" He let a silence fall.

"I don't agree with this decision."

All the empty emotions smoldering inside me seemed to take place then. I remembered it clearly. The feelings.

Maybe they weren't so empty anymore.

"I never wanted to kill them." I said in a shaky voice. "I... I just wanted to protect my family. I have a family, just like you do. I have a wife, I had a son- yes, he's dead." I clenched my fists. "I never killed him. He got killed by a pack of hellhounds."

Another silence fell. The doctor looked angry, but he couldn't seem to find anything to say.

"Don't tell me to give up my family." I looked up, meeting his angry eyes without doubt.

"I don't want to give anything up for you anymore."

~

"There are a lot of places reqeusting for an interview."

"Victor. You know what I hate talking about?"

He set down the phone. "What."

"Talking about myself."

He sighed. "I can tell them-"

"No. Choose one place." I tilted my head. "We have to clear things up, don't we?" I slipped out of my cloak and strapped on my armor over my T-shirt and grabbed my sword.

"Wish me luck."

I went out to kill the next soldier.

My heart beat ressuringly, and my brain reminded me that there was only two soldiers left. When I saw the black haired girl with the spear, I wanted to run. I didn't want to kill another soldier- I was tired of killing.

Maybe I would become Buddist after everything. Maybe after I get reincarnated I can become a Buddist monk or something.

The small idea made me smile. I grabbed my sword tight and braced myself as she charged foward, her spear pointed at my heart.

~

"You sure you'll be fine?"

"I will if you get me out of this tie."

Victor scowled. "You got stabbed in the back yesterday idiot."

"Oh yeah, I forgot!"