Chapter 43

Percy's POV

"Can we train together?"

"... No."

"But I don't have anything to do."

"There are dummies."

"It's not the same."

I grabbed my cloak and slipped into it.
"I have patrols."

Annabeth looked down. "Oh."

I felt a little bit guilty. "Maybe I'll be able to train with you after."

She perked up. "Really?"

I wanted to smile, but barely supressed it in. "Yeah."

She kissed me on the cheek and went out of the room before I could say anything. I rubbed where she had kissed me and smiled.

The thoughts of Tartarus pushed out my happy feelings and I didn't feel so good anymore. I sighed and went out of my room.

~

"I'll be going with the Iota team." I said to the Omicron team.

We would be patrolling the bigger borders around the city. I stared out through the translucent borders and saw a plain of dark sand, and nothing more than it. I wonder what it would be like if someone was out there. Most likely suffocate. I filled in a small hole. Walking in front of the two lines of soldiers, I didn't feel very confindent. I felt my mask which helped me breathe.

Suffocating...

I sighed and filled in another hole. Would I be able to train with Annabeth? I was feeling tired already. My body didn't work as well as it did when I was young. Seeing another hole, I went to it quickly, filling it out so that we could move on faster. It was a big hole, big enough for me to go through.

It was so sudden I couldn't get it through my head.

Someone pushed me through the hole, and I tumbled into the black sand which was actually quite hard. The hole closed, and I sat there, dumbfounded.

Oh....

It came to me at once. I stared at the soldiers passing, not even glancing at me. A few smirked as they went by. I stood up, which took some effort. I couldn't see any soldiers anymore. I knew I couldn't stay here for long, I didn't have much air in my mask. I walked along the borders, looking for a hole to go through. I couldn't make a hole from the inside. I just had to go fast enough...

I started to run, knowing this was my last chance.

~

I was running out of oxygen quickly.

I could feel my heart painfully pounding against my chest. Trying to hold my breath, I stumbled along the borders. I knew I would stay here forever until Tartarus decided to kill me. I stumbled foward, dizzy. On the ground, I couldn't think. My lungs burned for air, and I grasped my chest. My head pounded.

I was going to train with Annabeth.

Suffocating.

I gasped, and suddenly the pounding of my heart and breathing got louder.

Get me out of here.

Small places.

I was suffocating, dying in the coffin. It was scary. He starved me for a week, and I could barely sleep.

Suffocating.

I remembered when he had hammered the nail in my back. And when he had picked it out. My palms were scratched by the rough sand. I could feel my world getting darker, and I could barely see.

Death?

I wasn't sure.

I wanted to know who pushed me though.

555 Words!!!

Yay!

Yay.

Whoop whoop.

I'm sorry.... T.T