Chapter 80

Victor's POV

Percy tried to sleep.

Tried to.

Right now, he was getting fed by tubes so he wouldn't get dehydrated. I had tried a few painkillers, but it didn't work well enough. With the lights off, my eyes strained to see in the dark. He was sweating buckets, but wasn't vomiting atleast. I sighed and leaned back on the chair.

I was starving.

I would just grab a sandwitch and come back. He would be fine. I sighed and ran out to the cafeteria in no time, breathless. I quickly grabbed a sandwitch and ran back to my dorm. My eyes made out that Percy was sitting up. I paused.

"Should I turn on the lights?"

"Yeah." his voice was hoarse. The lights snapped on and he buried his head between his knees. I sat down on the chair and the smell of eggs filled the room. I quickly covered it. I didn't know it was egg.

"It's alright." he mumbled.

I stood up. "I'll go out and eat-"

"Stay." he cut in quickly. He sighed. "Just stay."

I sat down and set the sandwitch aside.

"Victor, I know you're hungry. It's nearly 3."

"I'm fine."

He looked up at me, his eyes boring into me.

"Eat."

I unwrapped the sandwitch carefully on the other side of the room. I ate quickly, but the smell had already filled the room. I opened the window, letting the cold air in. I placed another blanket around his shoulders.

"I'm sorry."

He didn't say anything. I sighed and my breath fogged in the cold air. He lifted his head and gulped in the cold air, and his head dropped back down limply.

"Percy. Can you lift your head?"

He propped his head upon his knees. He was pale and the sweat on his forehead was cooling quickly. I knelt down beside him and wiped his face.

"You're not feeling nauseous?"

He shook his head as I took his temperature.

"Where does it hurt?"

"... Stomach."

"Does it hurt a lot?"

He nodded slowly. I sighed and sat by him.

"When we go back to camp, do what you want to. Just don't overexert yourself. Sounds good?"

"Yeah."

I leaned back and stared up at the ceiling. It was getting too cold, and I was pretty sure the smell had dissapeared. I stood up and went back to the window and shut it tight. I looked back to see Percy standing up. I helped him stand up straight. He tore the tubes off his arm and stumbled to the bathroom. I frowned. He didn't eat anything this morning. I rubbed my face.