Chapter 62

Annabeth's POV

Percy looked tired.

I felt guilty after what I had said yesterday. He wasn't a cowardly freak- he was nothing close to it. With Victor in the middle, I could atleast steal glances of him. Percy loosened his scarfy around his neck and Victor snapped at him. He scowled but wrapped it around his neck once again, making it tighter. His eyes met mine for a second. I looked down quickly at my lap. I couldn't bear his eyes now, even if they were beautiful.

They were too sad.

I could faintly hear the yelling and flashing cameras as our car stopped in front of the airport.

Percy opened the door and Victor went out, and I did after him. Percy entwined his arm into mine and I looked up at him in suprise.

"Smile. There are cameras."

His cold tone made my elation deflate.

Damn the cameras.

Damn all the cameras in the world.

I forced a smile, hoping it didn't look fake. Reports holding cameras yelled questions, and the lights blinded me. I looked straight foward.

"Do you know how long the flight will take?"

I could lie too.

I smiled at him as if he had said something funny and pecked him on the lips. He looked flustered for a moment, but kept walking, looking foward quickly. I smirked inside of my head.

His next move suprised me.

He buried his nose in my hair, his breath sending shivers down my spine. He kissed me on my cheek and I could feel his lips moving on my skin.

"One point for me."

I clenched my teeth.

"Well then I can-"

"We're in public Annabeth." he teased.

I went red, and he smirked.

Gods he was sexy.

I looked down at the floor and walked foward in my black heels, and I almost wanted to throw his arm off. I crossed my arms and I was glad my dress neckline was cut low. He pulled my coat around my shoulders more tightly, and I felt smug. I glanced up at him and saw him looking around at the guards pushing the crowd back.

"Commander."

We both looked down to see a small boy holding a flower. He pushed it towards Percy. I remembered him, the boy that Tartarus was going to kill if Percy fell over. Percy stood there for a few seconds, as if he wasn't getting what was happening. He smiled and ruffled the boy's hair and took the flower. He smiled bashfully and went back, running to the crowd, right past the guard's legs. Percy spun the flower between his fingers and smiled.

Flowers.

People were throwing flowers, flowers all over the floor. I could hear their silent words.