Chapter 97

Annabeth's POV

Let's not talk about this.

I forced a smile as we greeted Reyna and a few of the Senate. Reyna shook hands with me while Percy shook hands with Parker and Raymond, the two snotty twins of Mars. They looked nothing like each other though.

"Where's Frank and Hazel?"

"They're in the baths. Seperately."

"Reyna."

She glanced at Percy and shook his hand also. "I'm glad to see you."

He smiled. "You too."

I could feel a few Venus girls staring at Percy. I wanted to glare at them to nake them back off, but I knew that was rude. I was a visitor.

"Percy."

Percy raised an eyebrow at Nico but smiled. "Hi."

Nico ignored his hand. "I thought only Annabeth was coming."

He drew in his hand. "I thought I should tag along."

He nodded slowly and aknowledged me slightly.

"When do we see the Senate?"

"At 3. Come to the principa." Reyna said kindly. She glanced at Nico. "Coming?"

He shook his head.

Reyna pursed her lips. "See you later then."

Nico shadow traveled away without a word. We followed her to the principa and she sat down on one of the couches.

"You may sit."

We sat down on the two leftover couches(I know that there's supposed to be two but just go with it). Percy fished a blue jelly bean out of the bowl.

"How do you think to compromise with the Senate? Have the chocolate. It's good."

"I'm thinking about making an alliance with the Chaos Army." he sipped his hot chocolate. "So that our army can help while Camp Jupiter is in danger, and make sure to pick out demigods from Camp Jupiter and stuff like that."

She nodded slowly. "Thats good. But will Chaos agree?"

"I command the army. I have all the power over it, and Chaos only rules when the Commander suddenly dies or he can't rule."

She nodded slowly. "I see."

"How do you think of this offer?"

She paused. "I personally think it's okay. But the most of the Romans didn't want to form an alliance with the Greek." she glanced at Percy. "Most of the army is greek, right?"

He nodded. She sighed. "This is a tricky situation."

There was an awkward silence for a while.

"How are you?"

Percy visible tensed. ".... Better."