Out of control

We were on our way out when Cedric came out of nowhere with a huge bright smile on his face. What I did not expect was to be lifted up by his strong arms. It made me laugh not only because of the butterflies flying around my stomach but simply because his joyful mood was contagious.
"Cedric, put me down." I said between giggles and of course he did as I said.
We got pretty close friends during the time spent at the library. He was like a book worm buddy. I did like him, even more since I got to know him, but he was a dear friend of mine which I wouldn't want to lose.
  When my feet touched the ground I looked at Fred who I couldn't say he was infected by Cedric's happy mood. He looked like a grumpy old man who just got tricked by some kid's joke. It made me feel uncomfortable for some odd reason but as Cedric spoke the feeling was chased away.
"Guess what?" I just gave him a questionable look and he continued. "My father bought tickets to the Quidditch World Cup."
"Wow, Cedric. I'm so glad to hear that..." But before I could finish my sentence he cut in.
"He bought three tickets, I want you to come with us, do you?" I saw how his cheeks slightly turn pink and his smile became a shy one, but I was sure I looked like a tomato.
"Oh my!!! For real?" I covered my mouth with both hands hiding my wide open mouth.
He just laughed and gave me a nod.
"Yes! Yes, I would love to!" I jumped to hug him which he gladly accepted. "Thank you so much, Cedric!"
We pulled away and I thought my smile was reaching my ears.
"I gotta go, Paige. I will tell you more about it at dinner." I replied with an alright and he walked away.
  Turning around I found out that I was wrong. I wasn't looking like a tomato. I probably looked like a white paper compared to the redness of Fred's face. I was imagining how I could easily fry eggs on his head at this very moment. Or how his eyes were lasers piercing my face making it melt. Or all that kind of things that I have watched from cartoons, while I was a kid, when the character was angry.
"You and Diggory?" He said between teeth while holding his hands in fists.
"What about it?"
"Are you two dating?" Well... where did that come from. I blinked few times at him in disbelieve from his words. "Are you?!" The way he almost shouted it made me step out from my staring trance.
" No. And what is wrong with you?" I raised my brows at his angry face waiting for his reply.
"I thought you weren't social and were a total outsider and now it turns out you've been getting cozy with Diggory." My mouth dropped. Just like on the cartoons, the way the jaw hits the floor, if I could do that it would probably be at this moment.
"What? And even if I was how does that concern you, Weasley?" If things were bad with my words I just made them worse.
"Concern me?" He laughed it like I was some peasant who just tried to speak to a royal. "Why would anything ever concern me about you, Daniels?" His words stabbed me really hard. Tears build up in my eyes and before I could let them out I grabbed my things from his arms and walked away fast, leaving him alone in the hall.