Apparition

The summer was going great, except for the fact that Fred and I were apart from each other and he seemed to be quite busy with something "top secret". I on the other hand was too busy with the upcoming Nastily Exhausting Wizarding Test a.k.a. N.E.W.T. which is a subject-specific exam that the seventh year wizards and witches at Hogwarts take to help them pursue certain careers after their graduation. So I guess I could say my hands were busy too.

 They say a single dream is more powerful than a thousand realities... well today I was proven wrong. I was having a really good dream in my warm and soft bed, when the door of my room opened with such force that I jumped in my bed, as the powerful reality of my surroundings and noises hit me and kicked my dream away.

"Daniels!" My vision focused at angry looking Fred Weasley.

"Fred?" I wasn't sure how to react. I wanted to kill him for waking me up this way, but at the same time I was longing for his kisses and hugs. I thought we would see each other in August not July.

"Do you want me to go mental?" He asked with angry voice and walked towards the bed.

"Erm... no?" We stared at one another for a brief moment, before I realized that this for sure wasn't a dream. "What's going on? I am glad to see you too."

"What's going on? You didn't reply to my message for almost two weeks!" I bit my lip and cursed in my mind, because I forgot to reply.

"I am sorry, I was busy..."

"Busy with what that you couldn't answer a simple message?" I didn't like the way he spoke to me, but yet I knew I would probably be as angry as he was right now, so I wasn't replying with the same attitude.

"N.E.W.T." I looked at the ground ashamed of the truth and silence followed.

He started walking around my room picking books and clothes placing them on my bed, I guess he did go mental.

"Pack your things up, you are leaving with me." Panic took over me instead of happiness.

"But how, my parents, what about my studies, I can't stay at your house for two months?"

"Paige, you are going with me, I will speak with your parents now, you pack up." He pointed at my things and left the room.

During the pacing I imagined how my parents would probably stare in shock at Fred. They saw him at the train station, when we returned from Hogwarts this year, and it was only for a couple of minutes. And now he was asking for their permission to let me go with him.

"Paige, darling, come down here!" I heard my mother's soft voice call from downstairs.

Of course, I knew very well what was about to follow. Questions of the sort, are you sure you want to go, wont you return back home before you leave for school, how will you study and more. I did try my best to calm them down, mostly my mum, while Fred was taking my luggage downstairs.

"Won't we use the fireplace?" I asked Fred after breaking away from my mother's questions.

He only shook his head and opened the front door. Fred Weasley, trying to be a muggle?

"Thank you, Mr. and Mrs. Daniels for letting me take Paige for the rest of the summer with me." And extremely polite? I was so surprised by his behavior that I gave him a weird look, which he ignored.

We said our goodbyes and long hugs before leaving the house.

"Since when don't you use magic?" I chuckled out when we were at the street.

"Why would I ever do such a dim witted thing, Daniels?" And before I could reply his hands swiftly turned me to face him. Quickly and passionately he pressed his lips on mine for a long and loving kiss, which I missed for a month. Pulling away, I finally got the chance to see his smile and return it with my own appearing on my face.

"I missed you." He whispered before pecking my lips again, but before I could reply I felt his arm holding mine tightly and everything spun around. Then it all went black and I was pressed very hard from all direction, I felt how my head was about to explode and I knew that this was my first experience with Apparition.

  Next thing I knew we were at the backyard of the Burrow and I dare say I was glad to be here again. 
"You're right, how could I ever think you wont use magic for once in your life." I teased with a laugh, while tangling my fingers with his as we started to walk towards the house.