The Novel

It was my sixth week of working at the shop and things were going great. Every time I was there, my whole world felt as if there was no evil waiting outside. Truth is that times were getting darker with each passing day, I doubted we were going to have a Christmas this year, or at least a normal one.      There were no news from Ron, the only thing we all knew was he, Harry and Hermione were out there, looking for horcruxes. But the longer they were missing, the more we were getting worried.
But there was something more that worried Fred... He never wished to talk about it, but I was sure it was because of the Muggle-Born Registration. The public goal of the Commission was to force all Muggle-born wizards and witches to register with the Ministry, then undergo interrogation as to how they "stole" their magical power from "real" wizards and witches. But we all knew the true purpose of the Muggle-Born Registration was to imprison and degrade Muggle-borns. What didn't surprise me was that Dolores Umbridge was the head of the commission.
   I was sitting in the office, doing my job when suddenly a pink cover got my attention. I removed some of the books that were on top of it and without being able to control my reaction I gasped. I took the novel in my hands and reread the title. "Mudbloods and the Dangers They Pose to a Peaceful Pure-Blood Society", the writer was of course Umbridge. I started to read the text inside the novel. Everything in it contained propaganda against Muggle-borns, disparagingly referred to as "Mudbloods".
While still reading with racing heart and breaths the door cracked open, followed by Fred's voice.
"Hey love, who's it g-..." He stopped himself the moment he spotted what was in my hands.
I took a deep breath in and turned my head to face him.
"For how long did you know about this?" I looked at him with tears in my eyes. Tears from shock, fear, and pain from the fact that he hid it away.
"I didn't want to tell you, because I di-..."
"I asked you a question, Fred!"
"The day you started working... it came during the morning, before you came." I got up on my feet and walked to the desk where I found the novel and placed it back on it.
"Why didn't you tell me?"
"I wanted to, but I didn't know how. I was scared, Paige."
"Scared from what? Keeping me in the dark, unaware of the world surrounding me? Don't you think I wasn't scared during this whole time? That I didn't see that you were hiding something? What were you so scared of, Weasley?!" My voice was rising with each question I was shooting at him.
"Scared of losing you!" He shouted these words in my face as he stepped closer to me. "Can't you understand, Daniels? Are you so blind to realize that if something ever happens to you, I will see no meaning in this life? I want to know that there is more to this life and I can't know that if they take you away or even worse!" I took in every word he said and they filled me with so many mixed emotions that tears started streaming down my cheeks. "Please don't, it's painful to watch you like that every time." He cupped my face in his hands and pressed his lips on mine for a moment before hugging me. Then I felt how he playfully licked my ear, making me shiver in delight. We didn't have such moments in a long time, and my body, my mind, and my soul missed it dearly.
"You like that don't you, Daniels?" His warm breath danced on my ear, as I gave him a nod. A shameful nod, which was obvious by my red face.
 Then before I could think he smashed his lips on mine and forced his tongue into my mouth, exploring every inch. I wrapped my arms behind his neck to deepen the kiss, but then we heard a soft cough coming from the door way. Quickly pulling away from each other we looked over to the person who interrupted us and met the smirking eyes of George.
"What?" I asked with ashamed tone and he chuckled as he stepped inside the room.
"You know, Paige? Fred and I always argued about who is the better kisser." He grinned and looked down at me.
My eyes opened widely and my whole face burned from embarrassment. I looked over to Fred who stood there and gave me the same devilish grin.
"No!" I pushed past them and walked out the room, only to be followed by their footsteps. "I said no." Turning around to face them while we were still on the staircase. "I am not your toy. Go and ask Angelina, she kissed both of you. We should be more mature by now, how could you even think about something like that?" My voice was trebling from shock and nerves.
"Come on, Daniels. Just one kiss?" Fred pouted and I felt the urge to slap him.
"I said no! Go ask someone else!" And with that I walked outside the shop to take a fresh air, while they were laughing at my reaction from behind.
   At first my mind was busy yelling at their behavior, but then the image of the novel appeared in my head and fear began to control me.