Decisions

The next morning I woke up alone in my bed, I guess Will left while I was asleep. I stayed in my bed for a while, repeating what happened last night. It was so unreal that I began doubting that it was all a very good dream. But my thoughts were interrupted with a loud thud on my window, so loud that I jumped in my bed. I removed the covers from me and went to check out what hit the window so hard.
  Pulling the curtain I saw Errol, one of the Weasley family's owls. The poor thing looked very exhausted. I let him in and then I realized why the bird looked like that. A frying pan was attacked to its little leg. I stared wide eyed at the subject in disbelief. Errol, called out, begging for me to finally remove the pan, so I snapped out of my shock and quickly removed the tie. I pet his head with my free hand before looking at my other which was holding the frying pan. I knew very well from who it was and I let out a chuckle. Even if it sounded ridiculous in my head it was a romantic gift.
   Few minutes passed in which I enjoyed the silly gift and the thoughts of how goof Fred could be, until a ball formed in my stomach. It was not because I was hungry, it was because I felt guilty. Guilty for not being able to decide, which one to choose. My head formed a huge problem... I realized I was in love with two. And I had to decide if I should reach back for what I knew and have experienced or reach out for what was unknown but seemed to be so bright. It was like the feeling we all get when we must free a space in our wardrobe and in order to do so we must throw something old which will be replaced by something new. But I did love my old "cloth" so much that I wasn't sure if I wanted yet to free some space for a new one.
   All I did was lie and wait for something to happen. I was hiding and playing safe, I didn't have any control of what feelings and situation I've created. I realized I've been upside down this whole time and I couldn't find the right way round the mess... my own mess. And that is why I was feeling guilty, I simply couldn't find my paradise on my own ground... even in the library. I realized that if I want this whole chaos to end, I had to decide what to do, to take things in my own hands and be brave with my decision.
   Errol's call pulled me out of my thoughts and I moved my eyes from the pan to the bird. I understood that it was time for him to fly back to the Burrow, so I opened the window and clumsily he flew away. I watched the clumsy bird fade in the distance and thought to myself. Maybe it is time for me to fly away from my cage too. It was dangerous for Errol to fly back to his home, but yet he did take the risk, because he knows that the place he will return to he will be loved and took care of. But in which direction will I be loved?