Ink

The next week during lunchtime we all heard Professor McGonagall discussing something with Umbridge loudly in the corridor. Of course, we all gathered at the main door of the Great Hall to see what was happening.

"Pardon me, Professor, but what exactly are you insinuating?" The toad spoke as she took few steps up to stand a bit higher than Professor McGonagall.

"I am merely requesting that when it comes to my students you conform to the prescribed disciplinary practices" The Professor followed her steps so they stood equally.

"So silly of me, but it sounds as if you're questioning my authority in my own classroom, Minerva." Umbridge took another step higher to show that she had more power, but McGonagall didn't give up and insisted on being the same level as her.

"Not at all, Dolores, merely your medieval methods." More and more students gathered to watch them.

"I am sorry, dear, but to question my practices is to question the Ministry, and by extension, the Minister himself. I am a tolerant woman, but the one thing I will not stand for is disloyalty." After hearing these words McGonagall took a step back looking rather disappointed than shocked.

"Disloyalty?"

"Things at Hogwarts are far worse than I feared! Cornelius will take immediate actions." She said it in a warning manner turning towards all of us.

   Right on the next day Cornelius Fudge gave the "powers to address the seriously falling standards" at school. With each passing day she was adding new rules on the wall at the entrance of the Great Hall. She even once measured Professor Flitwick, but it all reached its highest point when she decided to fire Professor Trelawney, saying she was unfit to teach. Not that I was a fan of her classes, but throwing her out in front of everyone was unacceptable. All students stared, but didn't do anything. And then, for the first time in my life, I gathered the strength to do what was right. I rushed to find McGonagall and luckily she was on her way, I quickly explained what was happening and she sent me to call Dumbledore.

"Professor Dumbledore, please, you must do something!" I breathed out loudly as I opened the door of his office. Without a word he apparated from the room.

  Sadly, I didn't have the privilege to do such thing as well so I took the stairs. I guess, it all ended quickly, because when I finally reached the courtyard it was empty. The only person left was Filch, returning back the luggage of Professor Trelawney.

  The next day I decided to spend it in the library, since it was getting cold outside. But my mind was busy with other things and I couldn't concentrate on what I was reading. In the end I gave up and looked out the window. The lake was dark and unwelcoming, the wind cold and unkind with the fallen leaves of the trees. The sound of winter rang in my ears and I wished it was just an illusion, but the wind hit the windows so strong that it sounded like howling wolves. I shivered from the chills the sound gave me and I turned around to see the Slytherin guy talking with someone, whom back was facing me. He then moved his eyes from the person and looked directly at me. They pierced me sharply, making me take a quick deep breath. He placed his hand on the shoulder of the other guy and gave him a nod for goodbye, before passing him by and started to walk towards me. I glued myself to the chair and hoped he is looking for some book that is around me, not at me.

"Hey." He greeted me with a smile on his face which I couldn't resist and smiled as well.

"Hello." I played with my sleeves from nerves and then I noticed the badge on his robe. He's a Prefect. His eyes moved to my bag in which were the Snackboxes, which I had to return today. I jumped from my chair, as if I've sat on a hedgehog. Successfully, his attention turned back at me and then at my skirt, following his eyes I saw a huge blue ink spot on my gray skirt.

"Owh my!" I kneeled down to pick up the empty bottle and feather, but made myself a bigger mess. Ink was all over my hands and I couldn't touch anything. "I'm such a mess, I am so sorry." I grunted, announcing defeat with my hands which I rested on my skirt and didn't dare to move or touch anything.

He kneeled in front of me and pulled out a tissue. Watering it with the Aguamenti spell and took my hands in his to clean them. They were cold, but he wasn't brutal like the wind to the leafs, he was gentle. I stayed in silence and watched him as questions filled my mind. I guess, being a Ravenclaw sometimes can be annoying, always to ask questions and wanting to know answers. His eyes then moved up from my hands to my eyes.

"You look beautiful." He was so serious as he said it.

"Are you flattering me?" I questioned in the same serious way, but it came out as a serious whisper. I wasn't bold enough to stand my ground.

"Is that wrong?" His question stunned me. It sent seductive chills all over my skin. He was flirting with me, but not in a boyish way... but in a way of a man. I didn't know how to answer so I just stared in his eyes and admired them.

He let out a chuckle and pulled me up with himself.

"Will, come on mate!" The guy called from behind us, I guess it wasn't a "see ya" it was a "I'll be right back".

"Ah, I gotta go, see you around." He gave me a wink and took quick steps towards his friend.

  I gathered my things and was on my way to look for the twins when Hermione came to me and started telling me about their plan to make a hideout place where they could practice defensive spells and of course, I agreed.

   The next few days we were thinking of a place where we could gather up everyone and make a list with the members of the secret organization we were planning do make. Slowly, the month rolled by while we were requiring people and when we were enough we decided to finally make it official.