Childish Fears

I was on my way to Weasleys' Wizard Wheezes. My whole mind was numb and I could barely feel that some people were bumping to my shoulders as I was passing by them. I wasn't sure if I had to go there or return back home, I didn't know which would be more shameful. How will I tell them? It was a question that bugged me during the whole way.
   When I finally reached the shop, I peeked from the window only to spot Fred and George talking with bright smiles on their faces with a costumer. I hated the fact that my news will probably cast away Fred's smile. While Fred was still talking George spotted me and quickly opened the door, dragging me inside the shop.
"And this is the person who helped us succeed with lots of our products... especially the one you're holding right now." The cheerful voice of George flattered me and I managed to smile.
The boy looked at me with surprise and then back to the item in his hands, then back at me with even bigger surprise. The twins laughed out and both wrapped an arm around my shoulder, keeping me close.
"Yes, it was her Christmas gift for us." Fred started and allowed George to continue.
"We looked at her the exact same way when we saw her, before thanking her." The way they were acting reminded me of that Christmas and how wonderful it was back then. How George lifted me up and spun me around while telling me how brilliant I was, or how Fred said he was so happy that he might kiss me. If only I could return back to these moment.
"Ay, Daniels? You alright?" And that was the way he was calling out to me, it was somehow seductive, somehow attractive. "Paige?" Huh? I blinked few times and realized that I have zoned out and that Fred was actually calling out for me to get my attention.
"Are you alright?" George asked and the warmth of the memory ran away, leaving the numb feeling in me.
"Yeah..." Fred took my hand and led me to one of the sofa chairs at one side of the shop.
"Sit here, you look pale... I'll bring you chocolate." With that he went out the shop, since they weren't selling normal chocolate.
My eyes watched George and how he enjoyed what he was doing. I envied him and Fred for being happy and successful, while I, the one who was so outstanding at school, was failing in life now. I didn't feel in my waters the moment I walked out of Hogwarts. Nothing was familiar, everything was new and in some way unwelcoming to me. What if there wasn't anything I was good at? What if I was one of these people who will never be successful? These thoughts tortured me and my vision became blurry. My face was burning with the urge to stop the tears.
"Care to tell me now what's wrong?" A blurred face appeared in front of me.
I gave him a serious look, not because I wanted to, but because I was trying to force the tears to disappear.
"Nothing." My bold attempt cracked in my voice and he gave me a puzzled look.
"Come on, Daniels. Spit it out." I took a deep breath in, hoping to show him I actually meant what I said, but then a tear rolling down failed me, followed by my trembling chin and sniffing nose. "Hey, hey! What happened, darl?" He caressed my cheek and wiped out the second tear that was rolling down. I looked deep in his eyes, realizing he called me darling.
I was about to open my mouth when Fred came back, and when he saw my face, he quickly knelt beside me, pushing a bit George to the side. He took my hands in his and squeezed them hard.
"What's wrong, love?" His eyes were filled with concern. Concern, which I feared it will disappear the moment I tell him.
"I..." A deep breath filled in my chest. "I got fired..." I shut my eyes tight, not wanting to see the disappointment in their eyes.
"What?!" They both shouted out. "Why?" Fred added in a more calm manner.
" Because I am muggle born." Saying that made me give in to the feeling I was fighting with until now.
The moment I broke down into tears George closed the store and they both started telling me that it will all be alright, joking from time to time, causing me to smile or chuckle.
"Hey, Fred?" George turned to his brother. "Do you know what I am thinking?"
"Yes, George. I think I am having the same idea."
I gave them a questionable expression and they grinned.
"Paige, do you want to work in our shop?" The both asked with cheerful tone.
"W-What?"
"Well, love. After all you helped us with lots of our creations. So, what say you?" The offer was probably the best choice I had, probably the only one.
"Alright, but only until things get better." Fred's smile slowly faded away at my statement.
"Yes, love..." He pecked the knuckles of my hands. "Until everything gets better..." His tone was sad and depressed, as if he doubted it will.
   For the rest of the day we discussed about my work and since I was good with my brain skills more than my social skills, they placed me in their office where I would calculate the money and figure new things out for the shop. But on the back of my mind a question kept bothering me... Will it ever end?
    When I got back home I told my parents everything and as always they supported me, not a single disappointment was shown from their faces... Thou I never told them the truth why I got fired, I never told them about the things that were happening in the wizard's world. I didn't want to worry them and probably feared that they will forbid me from going back there... it was childish, but I preferred being childish, than losing it all.