Manners

The whole world was spinning around me for a brief moment after touching the portkey. I was too afraid to let go but on the third shout from Mr. Weasley at me to let go I listened.

  I fell with a loud thud on the ground and groaned from pain. I lay there for a couple of seconds just to focus my mind and vision since everything was still spinning around me. I didn't care if I looked silly just laying there looking at the sky with a face of someone who had a hangover, I just wanted it all to go away.

"Booh!" Someone's face shouted in mine out of nowhere.

I screamed in panic and jumped up but on the process I hit the person in the nose with my forehead, so I groaned in pain once more and returned to my laying position. Laughter followed from the people surrounding me and a slight groan from the person laying next to me.

"Can you for once NOT aim at my nose, Daniels?" Fred said in a nosy tone as he was covering his nose with both hands.

I was laughing evilly on the inside, because that's what he gets for always popping up from somewhere. But the good side of me made me get on my knees and look at him and the damage I caused on his nose... again. The good old routine with the spell Episkey followed and he was all bright and new.

"You can break my nose the next time if you'd like." I joked but of course I hoped he will never do that.

"Nah, break mine as much as you like, I am not a fan of it anyways. Yours is too cute to ..." But he quickly shut his mouth realizing what he just said. I stared at him in shock not believing he just made me a compliment, even if it was for my nose... it was a compliment. Suddenly, all the anger I had towards him vanished and I just wanted to return back at the moment to hear it again.

"Come along now, kids the place should be over that hill." Mr. Weasley said as he pointed to the hill in front of us.

Great, more hills to climb. Fred got up on his feet and walked to where George was standing. My eyes widened, where were his manners? I was about to push myself off the ground when a hand reached out to help me up. Seeing the smiling face of Cedric I gratefully accepted it and he pulled me with a swift but gentle move.

"Thank you." I shyly said and looked him in his grey eyes. They reminded me of the mist this morning. Feeling how his hand was still holding mine and how our eyes were locked I blushed and bit my lip from embarrassment.

"Anytime." He whispered with a smile.

"Cut it out you two and get it moving." I heard the annoyed voice of Fred call from behind.

Me and Cedric just giggled and followed the others. He went to his father and I returned to the girls.

They both gave me weird looks and grins, I knew very well why but I pretended like I didn't notice them.

"Well, it's a chill morning isn't it." Deciding to break the awkward silence between us and say the most obvious and silly thing of all.

"Who cares about the weather this morning, answer Ginny's question!" Hermione said so loud that Harry and Ron turned their heads to our direction.

I blinked few times in disbelieve on the behavior of Hermione. But Ginny just giggled like a little kid.

"No." I simply answered but I knew more questions were to follow.

"But do you want to?" Ginny said with a smirk playing on her lips.

My blush was enough to give them the answer and they started giggling in the famous girly gossiping way. I didn't believe Hermione had such dark side, but, owh well, I suppose every girl gets like that when her best friend admits something of that matter.

"Please, can we talk about this some other time, and not now?" I whispered to them, trying to show them that now was not the perfect moment.

They gave me nods and in few minutes Mr. Weasley welcomed us to the Quidditch Worlds Cup. Sadly our directions from there changed, so I once again was only with Cedric and his father.