Snowflakes

I waited at the stairs for the whole ceremony to end. I wanted to walk in when everybody were too busy dancing or chatting, not looking at who walks in. The first waltz ended and I heard how more moves were made from the Great Hall , assuming more joined the dance floor. Looking up the staircase one more time, as if it was my last chance to escape.

"Excuse me, Miss? Are you alright?" I turned around to see who was so polite, and of course wasn't surprised to see Cedric Diggory. His mouth slightly opened as he saw me and I giggled at his reaction.

"Hello, Mr. Diggory." I teased as he took the stairs up to me.

"You are beautiful..." He said still amazed by my appearance.

"Thank you." I bowed my head, I was so flattered by the way he made the compliment, that I felt how my cheeks warmed up.

"Why are you here and not inside?"

"Was gathering the strength to walk in alone." I said the truth, knowing he was probably one of the few not judging me.

He looked at me with a kind smile on his face and reached out his hand for me to take it. I gave him a shocked expression, knowing he had a date.

"Allow me to walk you inside the room and have the next dance?" I couldn't help but chuckle at how much of a gentleman he was trying to be now.

Taking his hand he led me inside the Hall and the illusion I created in my mind, that no one will even notice me, just poofed. On my way to the dance floor I could hear all sort of comments and Cedric noticed how uncomfortable I was getting.

"Don't pay attention to them." He bent down a bit to whisper these words in my ear. I gave him a nod and he turned me towards him, placing his hand on my waist and taking mine in his other. We started to sway with the others and slowly relaxed.

  He was leading the steps and moves, spinning me around from time to time, slowly I learned his rhythm and allowed myself to close my eyes and forget about everything that was surrounding me. Our steps slowed down as the music faded quietly and I felt pair of lips peck my forehead. I opened my eyes and saw Cedric bowing to me as he returned to his date. I looked around to see most people staring at me, but not for long because a loud music exploded from behind me. All screamed from excitement and started dancing and jumping, I found it as the perfect moment for me to escape.

  Walking outside, the cold air hit my skin and I saw how Snape and the Headmaster of Durmstrang were talking as the Professor was opening the doors of the carriages. Few couples that were snogging were busted and punished with points.

"Miss Daniels, get back inside!" He shouted at me as he noticed that I was standing there.

"I need some fresh air, Professor." I called back and he replied with something that shocked me.

"It's snowing, you'll get yourself cold!"

"I am fine, Professor." He grunted at my response and walked away.

I looked up and how the snowflakes were dancing their usual waltz.

"He is right, Daniels." I turned around and saw Fred Weasley, leaning on his side at the entrance.

I parted my lips, but nothing but his name escaped from my mouth. He chuckled at my goof reaction and pushed himself off the wall, and walked to me.

"You look beautiful tonight, Daniels." He looked down at me and smiled.

He was handsome in his suit and the way he was so polite made me feel like no other man could.

"You are supposed to say thank you." He said quietly as he placed his index finger under my chin and pulled my face up gently. Slowly, he started to lean down until our lips finally met. They were so soft and warm, that when he pulled away I wanted to feel them more, so I wrapped my arms behind his neck and pulled myself towards him again this time placing my lips on his. He was surprised at first but then accepted them. I felt how his arms wrapped around my waist and he spun me around, making me pull away my face and laugh from happiness. He put me back down to the ground and rested his forehead on mine.

"Thank you." Whispering these words made him chuckle.

"Better late than never, ay Daniels?" I nodded and before I knew it I was lifted up bridal-style and spun around again. This time I laughed so loudly that few couples that weren't found by Snape peeked out to see what was so funny. I looked at Fred and the way his face was smiling down at me, my hand slowly moved to his cheek and caressed it. I wished this moment didn't end, I wished to stay in it until the end of time. But just like the snowflakes melt, the moment melted as well.