Goblet of Fire

Few days passed since the announcement and I must say I felt like a lamb being watched closely by a wolf. The guy from Durmstrag was watching me every time we were in the Great Hall. He was bowing his head to me every day when I went for breakfast and I was replying with a shy smile, but he never spoke a word, he just acknowledged me.

"Morning, Paige." I heard a female voice and when I looked up I saw Hermione with Harry and Ron.

"Morning, you three." They sat down, Hermione next to me.

Ron started filling his mouth as always while Harry was looking at the news paper. Hermione pushed my side softly and lowered her head to me.

"That guy has been looking at you since the ceremony." She whispered, so only I could hear.

"I know..." But before I could continue she cut me off.

"What about Fred? I heard him talking about you with George at the common room last night." I bit my lip and probably blushed because of the warmth I felt on my cheeks.

"What was it about?"

"I didn't hear them, sorry. I only heard George say "what about Paige?" and when they saw me in the room both spoke in low tone."

I gave her a nod and we changed the subject noticing how Ron was trying to hear what we were whispering about.

On my way to DADA class my mind was busy with questions of the twins conversations last night. Moody our new teacher had interesting appearance the night when the new school year started. The twins were talking about him and his history as Auror, like fan girls.

I sat down at my desk and stared blankly at the desk not even noticing when the Professor entered and started teaching. I was too lost in thoughts and for once I didn't even care if that would anger the teacher.

"Avada Kedavra!" I heard Moody shout and green light shined right in front of me. I jumped from shock and looked down at my desk. A dead spider, laying on my notebooks. I was breathing furiously and with tear up eyes I looked at the Professor.

"Well, we finally got your attention, Miss Daniels." He said in annoyed tone and I felt ashamed, but at the same time mad at what he did. He was not allowed to do it, it was against the rules.

I blinked few times and when I felt the tears that were in my eyes slide down my cheeks, I quickly brushed them with my sleeve. The creature was still on my notebooks and I just watched its lifeless body lay on them. Did it hurt? Was a question I never wanted to find out. How come no one ever made a contra spell for it. There were only charms that could protect you before the spell could be laid on the target, but nothing more.

After the class was over most of us went to the room where the Goblet of Fire was placed. I sat on one of the benches there and started to read about the killing curse. Soon Hermione joined me and I told her what happened. She was furious, but quickly calmed down when Victor Krum walked in the room. She looked at him putting his name in the goblet and after doing so, he replied to her gaze and smiled.

"He likes you." I whispered in her ear and she chuckled. "And you like him?"

"Don't be silly, Paige. He's too..." But she couldn't find a word.

"You do like him!" I laughed out, but she didn't took it that lightly and said she's going to the library.

I felt guilty that maybe I offended her, but just when I was about to get up and follow her to apologize a hand wrapped around my waist and pulled me back. Sitting on something much softer than a bench I looked to my right and saw Fred Weasley. Still holding me around the waist and me still sitting on his lap.

"Hello, Daniels." I was staring at him with wide eyes, speechless. "Am I that handsome that you lost all grammar?" He joked and I blushed madly.

It felt so nice to sit like that and feel his arm around me. I parted my lips and wanted to speak but nothing came out.

"I guess you did make her speechless, brother." I heard George tease from behind me.

I was probably turning crimson from embarrassment and Fred seemed to notice. A soft smile played on his lips as he looked at me.

"Well, Daniels, today is your lucky day!" Fred started.

"You will see how cunning we can be." George added.

I blinked few times and noticed small bottles in their hands.

"You do not believe you are able to cross the age line, right?"

"And why not, Daniels?" They both asked in union.

"Because I doubt a genius like Dumbledore will make a charm that is so easy to be fooled." I said in a matter of fact way and they chuckled.

"Just watch us, Daniels." Fred whispered in my ear but my attention was dragged by the presence of someone who entered.

I watched the guy from Durmstrag place his name in the goblet and few of his friends gave him a pat on the back to wish him luck. He smiled at them and then looked at me, bowing his head. Fred seemed to notice, because the grip around my waist tightened and I looked back at him. His eyes changed.

"Will you get up?" I blinked in shock, but did as he said.

I watched how they drank the potion and for a brief moment they thought they succeeded, but in few seconds we all watched how two old men were fighting on the ground. Everybody laughed at how silly they were acting and soon Lee Jordan took them to the hospital wing where the others who tried to fool the Age Line were.

Sitting back at the bench I started to stare at the blue flame and repeat the short moment between me and Fred, but something else kept bugging me. The mysterious guy, seemed to have my attention and I couldn't help but wonder what his name was, and why was he showing such big interest in me?