Obliviate

"Hello, Miss Daniels." He smirked at me, most probably at my shocked appearance.
"Hello, Mr. Dawson." The words came out boldly, but on the inside I was shaking from fear, knowing that my chances for getting the job probably vanished.
   He stepped aside the door guesturing with a hand to enter in his office. Swallowing my fear I took the steps and walked inside, followed by him.
"Please, sit down." He pulled one of the chairs and motioned to me to sit on it with his other hand.
"Thank you." There was something odd with the way he was behaving.
He sat on his chair and placed his elbows on the desk, resting his chin on the knuckles of his fingers.
"So tell me, Miss Daniels." My hands were getting sweaty from the nerves boiling inside of me. "Why is it what a fine woman like you, with outstanding diploma is signing for the job of a secretary?" He seemed to notice my unease and quickly added. "Not that I mind working with someone of your rank of knowledge, but you can easily even take my place."
"I just thought it's better to walk thru all of the levels, so I could actually become good director one day." I answered calmly and boldly, but I couldn't stop the questions as why was he acting like that. As if he never knew me.
"I see... Well it's a shame I had never actually seen you in the corridors of Hogwarts, I am sure we would make quite the team." My eyes opened widely in shock.
"Y-Yes..." He then continued telling me about what I will have to do as a secretary then shared with me that he graduated the same year as me at Hogwarts. I just sat there and listened, but wasn't paying attention to his words, I was only thinking why he didn't remember me.
"So... Miss Daniels. I will let you think about it today and I will expect your answer within the next few days." I stood up rather swiftly than calmly which shocked him at first.
"Thank you, Mr. Dawson." He came to me and placed a hand on the back of my waist escorting me to the door.
"It will be a pleasure to work with you, Miss." He said as he opened the door for me to exit. I just gave a nod whispered a goodbye, before walking out as fast as I could out of the Ministry of Magic.
   I sat on one of the benches at the park nearby, thinking if he had an accident, but if he had... he couldn't actually be working so soon. And then it hit me... Emily. His mother probably used the memory charm, Obliviate. Erasing all memories of me from his mind. The more I thought about it, the more it seemed logical. I won't say that I was happy with it, but I wasn't sad about it either. Because it would be easy for me to accept the job and pretend we actually never knew each other. There was only one problem left... Fred. I was scared to tell him that William would be my boss, but maybe he wouldn't mind once I tell him he doesn't remember me at all. Thinking of it wouldn't change anything, I just had to wait until tonight and see what happens at dinner.